What is the New Sphere in Las Vegas?

Over the past couple years construction workers have been working on this new, and cool new building. This building is called The Sphere and is located in Las Vegas. The Sphere started getting worked on in 2018-2023. On July 4, 2023, The Sphere projected an animation of the American flag. This building opened on September 29, 2023 with the first live performance by the rock band U2. The experience starts with a robot who takes you on a tour around the building about future technology. 

What is so impressive about The Sphere. The Sphere is a 366 foot tall and 516 foot wide stadium that has a wraparound screen. Inside the stadium are ceiling to floor LED screens. This is where they can showcase singers and bands. There are over 168,000 LED lights surrounding the building. 167,000 high definition speakers. With 17,000 seats but 10,000 of them are powered with haptics to make your experience unreal. For tickets to tour about future technology the prices range from $49 - $129. For a concert the tickets range from $277 - $496. 

Although the tickets can get a little pricey, I think that The Sphere is an amazing idea and sounds really cool. I think the people who get tickets are lucky to experience the once in a lifetime feeling to learn about and see the new technology that will come to the world. I am not sure that I will ever go to The Sphere but if I do I will make it worthwhile.

Would you ever go check out The Sphere?

Do you think this building is useful?

https://www.thespherevegas.com/

https://www.ktnv.com/ 

https://builtin.com/ 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Interesting topic and realluy well done Delaney! I do think adding a picture for a story like this is a must.

• I think this new sphere in Las vegas is really cool and the technology it uses is also very cool. I would love to see it someday in person rather than seeing it in tik tok videos. But the tickets are a little to pricey for me in my opinion. I think witnessing a concert or a movie in the sphere would be really cool to see. 

• I agree seeing a concert or movie in The Sphere would be really cool but the prices can be expensive. 

• I think this new sphere in Las Vegas is really cool and high tech. Of course it would be awesome to go see it someday, although the tickets are a little pricey, especially if your are takiong more than one person. Although, I can imagine it would be worth it. All in all, the sphere seems really cool and it would be fun to see it some day.

• I agree that The Sphere would be really cool to see. Although the tickets can be pricey, I think that the trip would be 100% worth it.

• i think i would check it out if it wasnt so expensevie because $277 for a concert ticket is a lil much people could find tickets for less. i think the bulding could be usfull just depend on how they dedcide to use it out in vagas 

• I agree that $277 for a concert ticket is a bit much. The experience may be amazing and all but if you can see that same band or song writer somewhere else for cheaper I would go with that.

• I think that this is a great idea for a tourist attraction. I do not think that I will ever end up going there because of ticket prices and I do not think I will ever have a reason to go there. Maybe if a band is playing there or if there's a concert being held that I really want to go to then I might end up going.

• I agree, The Sphere is a amazing tourist attraction. Lots of people will probably come and see the building because the owners of The Sphere hype it up a lot to make it look awesome. Now I'm not sure if it is awesome or if it's not, but there is a posibility that it is a tourist trap.

• I dont completly undersatand what the Shpere is but it sound very iterseting and exiting to got to. The only way i would go to the Sphere would be if a band i really enjoy ends up going to the place, Also if i hade maoney to go to a concert here.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker