Bringing Water to The Desert

Recently, scientist have made a breakthrough in atmospheric water generator technology. A team of scientist has created a solar-powered device that can literally make water out of thin air. This device can take humidity from the air and purify into drinking water, even in particularly arid or desert-like environments. Essentially it is a box-like device that has a custom metal-organic framework on the inside that works as a sponge. While the box is open it absorbs as much water as it possibly can and when it is manually closed it uses the power of the sun, the sun heats up the material so it releases the water it stored into a vapor. Then using a condenser it cools the water vapor into drinkable water even in extremely hot climates.  

What do you think this machine can do for the future? Do you think this could be used practically to help people in need of clean water? 

wang prototype

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/19/technology/future/solar-powered-device-drinking-water/index.html?iid=ob_homepage_tech_pool

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to reply more frequently and be sure to add your opinions into your summary. Also be sure to hyperlink your story. -5 late

• I think this is a great idea! it will bring water to areas where water is very scarce. It will make it easier for people to live in those conditions. Yes, idk how long it takes to make the water, but im sure the people would gladly take this device.

• This invention is amazing! This could potentially end the water level issues in other countries. Although this would take many, many years to accomplish, this ultimately could save a lot of lives! If it works as it says it does, this could be a large piece of technology in the future. 

• I think that this can be an amazing thing for the future and could help the Californian water shortage. i think that this could help with water practically and stop water problems.  

• I think that this machine could save many lives. Many people in hot areas don't have water and this could give them the water they need. I think it also could help people in need of clean water. It could help them a lot and many could survive.

• This machine could save lives if we could get them all around the world in desserts. People who get lost in the desserts usually don't make it out or if they do they are severally hydrated. Also it doesn't just have to be in desserts people who need clean drinking water this could hep them. 

• I feel like this machine could really help many people that need clean water. There are people out in the world that have no clean water and this invention could help all those people that are dying of thirst.  

• This machine is not only revolutionary, but essential for many parts of the world and our country. As climate change begins to worsen, many areas will begin to experience droughts and will be in grave need of clean water, to which the machine could help. It is also possible that we might run out of clean water. The planet may contain plenty of water, but only six countries posses half of the world’s fresh water; the machine would be a tremendous aid.

• I feel like this could help secluded villages and towns in countries to get the fresh water they need. This would help increase their income because more people would be able to help their economy and increase their life spans. 

• It definitely will help fix some of the problems over there. Just by increasing their lifespan 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker