Area 51

Area 51 is located near Groom Lake Nevada and is a top-secret U.S. Air Force facility. It contains the Nevada Test and Training Range which is considered a part of Edwards Air Force Base in California. The location of the facility was chosen by the C.I.A. in 1955 as a place to test spy planes. The government did not acknowledge the existence of Area 51 until 2013 when C.I.A. released documents, under The Freedom of Information Act, about the U-2 spy aircraft and the testing site.

The public is not allowed in Area 51. It is under 24-hour surveillance and there are signs stating deadly force can be used. The government considers it a Military Operating Base and what happens there is a secret. Most employees are flown into the base on unmarked planes and they must have security clearance to work there. Up until 2018, satellite images of the base were restricted and currently, no aircraft is allowed to fly over the area.

Area 51 is well known for its conspiracy theories of UFOs and aliens. It has been made famous in movies. People have been reporting sites of weird lights and UFOs at or near Area 51 since it was built. Even today it is a popular place for UFO believers to visit. In 1989 a man named Robert Lazar stated that he was an employee at the facility and worked on alien spacecraft technology and saw autopsy photos of an alien. He was later discovered to be lying. The government denies that they are testing alien spacecraft at Area 51.

I think that the government could definitely be working on Unidentified Flying objects. I don't know if they have aliens, but they are up to something at Area 51. The problem is that they didn't even acknowledge the training facility for over 50 years while people were reporting strange flying objects the whole time. I know the government cannot release all its secrets, but if there are UFOs, we should enclose the right to know. And that just feeds into the conspiracy.

Sources

https://www.britannica.com/story/what-is-known-and-not-known-about-area-51

https://www.space.com/area-51-what-is-it

https://www.military.com/base-guide/area-51

https://www.britannica.com/video/212132/Area-51-military-air-force-base-alien-video

Questions

Do you believe in alien UFOs?

Do you think the government should allow the public to visit Area 51? Why or why not?

Should the government release all the information it has on UFO's to the public? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes!!, I would like the government to allow public visits to Area 51, especially since it has already been confirmed that they do exist. But obviously it is also everyone's thinking wether to believe or not. Personally I do believe in them and I would like to go see.

• I would like to go visit Area 51 as well because I think it would be intersting, but they would have to limit what the public could see since it is a top-secret facility. 

• I'm not sure about aliens, I feel like there's a possibility they're real but I don't know. I've heard many theories or conspiracy stories about aliens, and I think they're super interesting. I don't think the government is working on any type or kind of alien spacecraft around area 51.

• Yes I do think aliens are in Area 51  because like what else would they be hiding I do think they are Working on UFOs because like how else would aliens get here in the first place They should not release the information to the public because people will go nuts.

• I also think that people might go a little crazy if they government admitted to UFO's, but we should have the right to know what is going on in Area 51.

• I have mixed feelings about aliens, they've been talked about all the time, but everyone says something different so I don't know who to believe anymore. Yes the government might be working on alien space crafts, otherwise why would they make it be so suspicious. They should release info, but everyone will freak out, so they won't, like.. ever.

• I do not believe in aliens nor UFO's I think that people like to have something to think about. I do not think that the government is working on alien space crafts in area 51. I do not think that the governement should release it if they did find something because if they are hiding it there is a reason.

• I don't really believe in alien UFOs. I do think that the government is trying to hide some information and they might be the people in charge of making the alien thing seem real. I think the government hides the fact that there isn't much information.

• I agree with you that the government hides a lot of information from the citizens. I'm not sure if there are aliens either.

• I don't believe we have aliens captured or Area 51 is an alien facility. I think it's just a military base. I highly doubt that we have alien space crafts in Area 51 either. They will probably never publicly release any information on what they are hiding and I am okay with that.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker