Are Energy Drinks Good or Bad for Your Health?

Over the years energy drinks have been very popular amongst teens and college students who need a energy boost. However, the health of these energy drinks are a hot topic and a very big debate. most people say that these energy drinks can offer some benefits and others say there is crucial ingredients and potential health risks and may have many bad effects on the body. But what is your opinion?

Why energy drinks might be bad?Energy drinks contain a combination of caffeine, sugar, vitamins, and other compounds. Most energy drinks have a lot of sugar which can be very bad for you. Every energy drink has caffeine and caffeine is an addictive ingredient that increases your heart rate. Also, most energy drinks contain more than double of the recommended daily intake of sugar in a single serving. 

Why energy drinks might be good for you? Some energy drinks have certain benefits like for example caffeine can make you improve physical performance and decrease being tired during exercise on a day-to-day basis. Some of energy drinks also say that they contain natural ingredients. 

Health risks and concerns- Even though some of these energy drinks may contain potential benefits there are also health risks with these energy drinks . High caffeine intake can lead to increased heart rate, high blood pressure, and feeling jittery. also, the high sugar in the energy drinks can contribute to obesity, dental problems, and risk of type two diabetes.

In my opinion, I feel like some energy drinks are better than others, as when they don’t have a lot of milligrams of caffeine and have more than just one benefit towards your health . 

Do you think there should be an age restriction on energy drinks? 

Do you think the marketing of the brand is targeted towards teens and young adults rather than adults? 

Do you think energy drinks are good or bad for you? 

https://www.webmd.com/diet/video/truth-about-energy-drinks 

https://www.cdc.gov/healthyschools/nutrition/energy.htm#:~:text=These%20legal%20stimulants%20can%20increase,%2C%20heart%20rate%2C%20and%20breathing.&text=These%20drinks%20are%20often%20used,effect%20on%20the%20nervous%20system. 

https://www.mcieast.marines.mil/Portals/33/Documents/Safety/Abuse/EnergyDrinksHandout.pdf

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great topic choice and summary Bella! Good job replying as well overall but be sure to check back later Thursday for that final page of comments.

• do you think that their should be an age restriction on enery drinks? i dont belive that their should be because i know that they are really bad for you but its acctualy the kids fult because they know whats in it and they can choose if they want to consume it.

• I think that some people would think that Energy drinks need age restriction because kids ages between 11 and 14 shouldn't be drinking it. It's becuase kids don't need it they already have a lot of energy and having and energy drink will make them worse because it rasing there heart rate go fast which is bad. 

• I dont beleive that there should be a age limit for drink energy drinks although they arent good for younge kids I dont think they should have them. Yes I do beleive that they are targeted torws them because they are more likely to drink it. I think that energy drink are bad for you. 

• Do you think there should be an age restriction for energy drinks? Yes, i think you should have to be atleast 13 years old. This is because caffeine is really bad for the heart and when you have young children drinking this cafeine it could result in heart problems later in life.

• I think energy drinks are a less healthy choice than other drinks, but whether it is really "bad for you" or not depends on the amount of the ingredients you are drinking. If you drink lots of energy drinks, obviously the large amount of sugars will have an effect. On the other hand, having extra sugar might give you more energy, so at least it does what it's supposed to even if they may not be the healthiest choice. 

• Do you think energy drinks are good or bad for you?  I feel they are good for me since they keep me more foucoused through the day 

• I agree that they can keep you focused but they are also not the best for you if you drink them everyday.

• Do you think there should be an age restriction on energy drinks?  no the reason I think this is that they help me foucus. The caffine also dose not keep me up at night it insteed just keeps me foucosed 

• I do not know if I would put an age restriction on energy drinks, but maybe a limit, as if you consume to much they can cause damage to your body. In some brands I do see little details that push their marketing audience toward teens. I think these energy drinks can be bad for you, but in ways could also be good for you. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker