Why is Fortnite Popular Again?

Fortnite started on July 21, 2017, by a company called Epic Games. It is a survival game where you fight other people to get number one. Also known as a victory royale. People liked Fortnite because it was free and easy. In 2020, 350 million people played Fortnite every day. However, around the end of 2020, the game was slowly losing popularity because there were fewer updates. 

Many people have been playing Fortnite again because it is back to its original map. Players have been getting back on the game because it was the map they used to play and know. They like the nostalgia that comes with playing the OG map. They also like playing with their friends again and winning as a team. Therefore, Fortnite has gotten very popular in the past week because of the update with the OG map.

https://kotaku.com/fornite-og-map-season-chapter-4-update-1850990645 

https://www.demandsage.com/fortnite-statistics/  

Have you played Fortnite recently because of the OG map?

Do you like Fortnite?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I got back into fortnite casue the og map is new and alot of fun. Im loving fortnite right now. I either die the most 2 minuets or moth the time end the game top 10 with 10+ kills.

• I think fortnite is popular again because epic brought OG fortnite back. I think that fortnite was kinda dyeing then they brought OG fortnite back and now its great.

• I agree, I like the OG map better.

• I don't really like fortnite but them bring back the OG map has been good. Its fun to play with friends but the game itself isnt really that fun. I think that the game will keep growing if they keep the old map in the game.

• I personally think fortnite sucks but now that they brought the "OG" map I think it is way better. I have played Fortnite a lot since the map has finally come back. I believe that if they keep the map in fortnite the game will continue to keep bringing people in.

• i have not ive played it befor with the og map but i have yet to play it again. i think its anf okay game to many people hype it up a lot or over do it at some points. they game its self to doesnt have a lot of movment. also the people that build in that game take it way too far.

• I have played on the new "OG" map and enjoyed the nostalgic experience from it. I still don't believe the game is that good though. I have played these games for many different seasons and I always get eliminated by a 10-year-old which is Riducles.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker