The Titanic's Conspiracy Theories

The Titanic was a British ship that sank on April 15, 1912. It was en route to New York from England when it collided with an iceberg in the Northern Atlantic ocean and sank. There were over 1,500 people who died and only around 700 people who lived. The Titanic was known as one of the most extravagant ships of its time, and only the richest of people were able to be a part of the journey. The sinking of this ship has many different conspiracy theories attached to it. From a theory of it being a whole different ship that sank, to people thinking it was deliberately sunk.

The first theory is that it wasn't actually the Titanic that sank, but its sister ship, disguised as the Titanic. This conspiracy has been going on for decades, and no one has ever gotten an answer. Some people believe that the Titanic was switched with another ship, the Olympic, as an insurance scam. It's said to have been deliberately sunk in order for the owners to receive an insurance payout on it.

Although a few people believe this, there is much evidence against it. One reason it's unlikely is the architecture in both ships. They had extremely different architectural designs on both the inside and outside of the ships. Therefore, it would be nearly impossible for the sister ships to be switched in a short amount of time. There would also be many different and more practical ways to get an insurance payout if that's what the owners were aiming for.

There are many different conspiracy theories about the Titanic that are going around, but I believe that all of them are false. The theory about it being switched with its sister ship is highly unrealistic, especially because there is much evidence that goes against it. It would be stupid for the owners to try to get insurance money that way, because it caused thousands of deaths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_conspiracy_theories

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N3901R9/

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Titanic

Do you believe this conspiracy theory?

Have you heard of this theory before? Where?

Are there other theories about the Titanic that you know of?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes, the more I looked into it, the more interesting it was. I also don't believe in it.

• I don't believe this conspiracy theory is ethical, but if it is it would be shocking to me. I haven't heard of it and I don't know any other theories, but it is very interesting!

• Yes, it's a very weird thing that people believe, and it definetly isn't ethical at all.

• No, I don't believe the conspiracy theory because there is no hard evidence that it happened this way. I have heard of this theory but I thought it was a lie and someone was just making it up. One theory I heard is that the titanic was an older run-down ship that got its name switcher for insurance scams. 

• I agree, there is much evidence that goes against it and not any evidence that backs it up.

• I do not think that this specific conspiracy theory that the Titanic was switched with its sister ship is true, however I have heard other conspiracy theories that I feel could be true. I have heard about this conspiracy theory before but I never really considered it a possibility.

• I agree, there are probably many other theories that could be true, but this one definetly isn't.

• its not really a conpiracy the owner did switch out the ships because of a scam he had planned for. iv heard of a couple of them and all from differnent places.

• That is interesting that you say that. It is always possible as many other theories are true that people didn't believe.

• I don't think that the Titanic was swapped with its sister but I believe the ship was unsafe to begin with. I have seen pictures of the titanic and in a lot of them there is a wrapped spot on the out side of the ship. Apparently in testing one of the engines lit on fire and burnt the side panel.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker