Why schools should do a four-day week instead of a five-day week?

My first reason is that it would give people more time to sleep and do homework. If people don’t come to school on whatever day, then the schools don’t have to heat or cool the school on that day. It can give teachers extra time to figure out what they are doing for the week and come more prepared, also having all their students' grades in. It can give students more time to hang out with friends and family. Students can then work more at a job and make money so they can afford more school events and other things.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that if we only do 4 days a week, the principal of the school would make the days longer, which is worse. Or they could also require us to have more homework, which is even worst. I personally would not like a 4 day week andb prefer late starts or early outs. 

• I think that the idea of only having four days a week is nice yes, but how is that going to better prepare us for the jobs we'll have in the near future that make us work 5 out of 7 days a week. I do not think we should have four days because it'll expand into summer time. If anything, I think maybe every friday we should have an early out. 

• I think a four day school week sounds good because it would give us more time to do homework also sleep. And a longer weekend. Expecially if someone has a lot of school work to catch up on that would be a good day to work on all of your missing work. 

• I don't think that we should do a four-day week because it makes it hard for working parents,  we would have a longer school year, and during the winter, we lose a lot of school days because of the weather. Another reason is that once we go down to four days, what stops us from going down to 3 days, and so on. 

• I think that schools should change the starting time to a lower time probably around 10 Am because people are not going to work as well if the are super drained and/or tired. I would like to have a four day week instead of a five day week, but then most likely the school year would have to be dragged out longer into our summer break.

• I think we should lower the school days to 4 days because it would give us more free time to do other stuff out of school and also give us more time to work. I also would like to have 4 days because it is one less day of school that week that we would have to go to. 

• I think we should have a four day week becuase of getting etra help with teachers and have a good mental break. It would cut down on some things and having a better events and school realted things, it would be great for the students and teachers

• I think a four-day school week sounds amazing. I would be way more attentive and have better grades in school. Without the 5-day school week, I will be less stressed and more willing to come to school each week. I don't a 4 day school week is going to be coming anytime soon, though it would be nice. 

• I think that a four day week would be much better than a five day week. The reasons being that what we are learning in school are not going to help as much in the actual world anyway. Just because people say they will does not mean that they actually will. You will only use specific subjects on sercian jobs, so everyone should not have to take them. 

• A four day week would be very nice to havee but its very unlikely that most schools would change to that I believe. It aligns with lots of parents work schedules (Monday-Friday) which would make it harder for the parents to take care of their kids on that one day they are working but their kids dont have school.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker