Why schools should do a four-day week instead of a five-day week?

My first reason is that it would give people more time to sleep and do homework. If people don’t come to school on whatever day, then the schools don’t have to heat or cool the school on that day. It can give teachers extra time to figure out what they are doing for the week and come more prepared, also having all their students' grades in. It can give students more time to hang out with friends and family. Students can then work more at a job and make money so they can afford more school events and other things.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• There are many pros and cons to a shorter school week, but ultimetly I think the current system works well. Family time and down time is very important for teenager but the summer is one of the best times for this. Switching to a shorter week would take away from the summer. Most kids would not appreciate this change.

• I would like having a four day week instead of five because it would make going on vacation easier however if it cut into summer a lot I would not like it as much. This would also give students a lot of time to do homework over the weekend.

• Id like this cause id have less school, and id be much happy somewhere else besides school.

• i think schools should give us four day weeks. this would imploment the teachers to actullay give use information we need rather then filling in time with stuff we dont need. a three day weekend would also give student the benifit of having more time to hang with people or give them more time to do homework.

• I feel like if we did a four day week, then we would have a much shorter summer. I think the summer is already short enough, so I feel like having a 5 day week is alot better than having a 4 day week. I feel like if we are not very productive when there is a 4 day week.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker