how did vietnam affect America

Vietnam had far reaching consuqences for amarica. these consuqences would make congress replace the military draft wiht an all volunteer force, and the voting age would be lowered to 18. congress would also pass the war powers act. this act would restrict a presidents ability to send amarican forces into combat with out proper approval of congress. the vietnam war seriously effected the U.S's econamy. because president johnsen refused to raise taxes for war the was a cycle of inflation. the war would end up lowering military moral. Even today people are still deeply divide by the vietnam war. a pool found the 53% of those who surveyed thought of the war as a "well intentioned mistake." the other 43% believe it was "findmentally wrong and immoral." 

do you think the vietnam war was a good idea?

how do you think this still effects amarica?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Your topic choice is good but your summarty is quite brief, it was posted three days late and you didn't reply to any student comments which is worth 30 points.

• I dont think Vietnam was a good idea because all war is bad. I think a lot of Vietnam veterans still have PTSD from the war and I don't think that is good for anyone. The war was a wile ago but some people still talk about how bad it was.

• I don't think that the vietnam war was a good idea. That war was a problem for a lot of people in which the soldiers weren't welcomed niceley after they just put their life on the line for all of the Americans. This war did end up making U.S citizen hate the soldiers which isn't right.

• I do not think that the Vietnam War was a good idea because they wasted a lot of money and resources. I don't think that the Vietnam War really impacts anybody today because nobody really understands what they went through and what they did to protect the people at home. 

• I think the Vietnam War was not a good idea because we wasted a lot of money and resources for no reason. I also think the war wasn't a good idea because we went into an area that we were not ready which made us not able to do our jobs very well. it also made the enemy's jobs way easier because they knew that land like the back of their hand.

• I think that the Vietnam War was a good idea because it stopped a communist takeover. No, I don't think that it effects most of us today. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker