history of the united states military

The US military formed on june 14th, 1775, during the american revolution. It was first called the continental army. George Washington was the first president of the United states but also was the first president to use our military.  The US developed a more formal kind of military in 1846 during the Mexican American war. The war started when a detachment of U.S. troops clashed with Mexican forces near the Rio Grande.  

The next time the U.S.army is used in major action was World War 1. This war brought many improvements in combat and a new kind of strength to the U.S. Their navy was stronger than ever and the U.S. had its first tank corps giving them another advantage on the battlefield. After WW1 the U.S. would slowly grow to be the world superpower. World War 2 would bring the U.S. army back out. After Japan launched their attack on pearl harbor the U.S. would officially join the war effort. WW2 would bring many improvements to the United states army and navy.  This would rang from weapons, vehicles, training to technology and science. 

Couple years later the United States went to war with afghanistan. The U.S would show how strong they are by using air strikes and vast improvements to there strategies and  weapons. 

https://www.military.com/history#:~:text=The%20U.S.%20military%20formed%20on,the%20nation%20and%20its%20military

did you know about the histroy of our army?

do you think the information is usfaul?

do you know anything else  about the histoy of our army?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes I do. No. Yes I do.

• I didn't really know that much about the history of the US army, but I assumed it was similar to most other armies. I think this is good information, but I don't really know how I would use it so it's probably not very useful. I don't know anything else about it.

• I didnt know about any history of the US army. I knew when it was used, but not when it was actually established. I think this information is useful and is important to know since we live in the US. I dont know much about our army.

• i know some of the history but i think i know a lot more about it after reading your forum post. Yeah i think that  the information that you have given me is very usfaul. most of the stuff i know about the milatary you were able to hit on.

• I didn't know much about the history of the Army but I find it interesting. I think this infromation could be very useful and helpful.  I do not know anything else about the history of our army. 

• I knew a decent amount of the history but not all and now I can say I know a little more. I think the information is pretty useful because Its always good to know some background information. I dont know a whole lot of other information about the army.

• I have known a little bit of the history about the army but i dont really know about all of it. I think that this information is usfull because it can bennifit you about because you can learn for itand maybe think about going to the army. I dont really know any more about the us army. 

• I knew about the history of the Army. I have been interested in joining the millitary for a very long time. I have always loved the idea of helping protect my country. I think tha the information in fun to know, but not super usefull. Off of the top of my head I do not know anything about the army but, I loved hearing it again. 

• I know the history of our army, yes. But I'm not sure I know it very well. I think yes, most of the information given is useful, it's providing facts and evidence about our Unisted States army. I don't think I would join the army, but if it was necessary I would do it. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker