History of iPhones

Did you know when the first iPhone was created? The first generation of the iPhone was announced on January 9, 2007, and was distributed in the United States on June 27, 2007. This model was created and released by Steve Jobs( the CEO of Apple). Since 2007, Apple has released a new iPhone and IOS update once every single year. The first iPhone was approximately $199. Each year Apple iPhone grew in popularity and became very normal for people to use. The iPhone also got better and better each year, there were multiple upgrades, and eventually, the iPhone started to be more efficient. 

But with those benefits, the price of the iPhone kept growing as well. The newest iPhone in 2024 cost roughly $1,199.00 at the Apple store. According to Exploding Topics, In the US, 57.93% of the population uses and likes iPhones and Apple products. The rest use Samsung or other types such as Androids. Most people like their Apple phones and wouldn't switch to a different brand. The iPhone 14 Max is the most popular phone right now, and the most used iPhone, even though the 15 and 15 Pro Max just came out. The 15 has been said to break easily and not be very durable. 

In my opinion, I like my iPhone, it is very reliable. I have the iPhone 13 pro max and I have a great amount of storage for all of my pictures and videos, and I think it's easy for me to use on a day-to-day basis. I've never had a problem with my iPhone. I will say it was pricey, but I think the quality is worth it. That is the only downside to Apple iPhones, they’re very expensive and not easy to get if you don’t have a good phone plan. 

What kind of phone do you have?

Do you think iPhones are expensive?

Do you think iPhones are worth it?

Sources:  

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3692531/evolution-of-apple-iphone.html

https://explodingtopics.com/blog/iphone-android-users#:~:text=In%20the%20US%2C%20iPhone%20has,average%20salary%20than%20Android%20users

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I have a samsung s22 plus. I think that the new iphone 15 pro max is expensive but there are a lot of other phones that are more expensive than that. I think that some iphones are somewhat worth the price because i've heard that the camera is really good but the battery life isn't great.

• I have an iPhone 15. I think they are expensive if you don't have the right provider because it's cheaper to just pay a phone bill to pay for a phone instead of paying for all of it upfront. I think iPhones are worth it because they have some really cool features and they have a nice design.

• I have an iPhone 14 Pro and I like it. I don't think iPhones are expensive because of everything that they offer. You can communicate and do many other things on an iPhone. I do think that iPhones are worth the money especially when everyone these days has one.

• I have an iPhone 12, I have had no problems with phones and I like them. I think that the iPhones can be expensive but think it is worth it because they have pretty good battery and really good performance. I think that everyone should have a phone these days because of safety reasons. 

• I have an Iphone 11. Iphones can get pretty expensive yeah. Iphones are worht it.

• I got an Iphone 14 pro for christmas. Phones are rificulously expenseive, especially the newer ones. Everyone needs a phone these days so all the companies have raised the prices so much. I think they are worth the price just because we use our phones for very important reasons throughout the day. We rely on our phones these days.

• I have an Iphone 13 and have been using Iphones since I first got a phone . I haven't really had any problems with them, they do what they are ment to do. Of course they are a little pricey but really any phone would be. I haven't really used any other brand so I don't know if Iphones are better.

• I do not have an IPhone, I have a Samsung Galaxy. IPhones are terribly expensive as well as most phones and devices that use cellular data. I do not know if IPhones are worth it because I don't have one, but I think all phones are worth having in todays world.

• I have an iPhone 15 and I think it has amazing quality, but I do think that they are expensive. I think they are very expensive but for what you are getting I think that it is a good price. I think they are worth what you buy but just because it's apple people will buy it. 

• I have a Iphone 15 pro max , I think paying this much money for a good phone isnt all that bad because the Samsung camera quality isnt that good and the stuff they recently came out with faking their moon picture is insane 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker