What really happened to JFK?

The death of John F. Kennedy is a known conspiracy theory, some think that the government was behind his assassination. So what really happened? The Kennedy’s and his team were in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963 riding in a motorcade when the shots began. The President got a bullet to the neck, and the Governor one to his back. They were rushed to the Parkland Memorial Hospital, where they found out there was not much they could do to save the President. He was later pronounced dead. They found a man named Lee Harvey Oswald guilty for the shooting and killing of JFK.  

The interesting fact about this case is that some people don’t believe that Oswald acted alone. Most think that the Government was a part of the assassination, or there was another person working with him as a second gunman. Another theory is that the Cuban Government was also behind it, as they were mad that Kennedy had decided to withhold military support for the Bay of Pigs Invasion. The Bay of Pigs Invasion in simple terms was an attempt to overthrow and win over the government of Fidel Castro. Which was directed and funded by the US, until Kennedy had second thoughts. 

I personally support the Cuban theory as it all adds up. Kennedy’s death would give an opportunity for someone new to lead the US Government, somebody that would support the Cuban’s and continue to fund them. Lee Oswald could have done it purely out of hatred, but why would he risk his life just for that. It makes more sense, and is a better motive if he had something to benefit him out of it, like a big money reward from the Cuban Government. 

What do you think really happened to JFK?

Do you believe any of these theories? If so, which one? Please explain why as well.

https://www.jfklibrary.org/learn/about-jfk/jfk-in-history/november-22-1963-death-of-the-president 

https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/jfk-assassination

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/nov/14/jfk-assassination-clint-hill-secret-service-interview

https://www.britannica.com/event/Bay-of-Pigs-invasion

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great topic choice and well done Frannie!

• I could see the possibility of the Cuban theory since there was evidence pointing at it for what happened to JFK. There was a good reason behind it because JFK was already trying to stop the funding that was going to them but if he died they would keep getting the money.

• I can believe the Cuban theory since there is a lot of evidence behind it. It would make sense as to why they would want to have JFK killed because of the benefits they would get. They could have also sent someone to do the job for them so they wouldn't seem suspicious. One person alone would not have much of a reason to want to kill him, so there has to be more to it then what we know. 

• Personally, I support the Cuban government theory, seeing as JFK had some pretty incriminating evidence on them. In 1962, a American plane covertly photographed the construction of neuclear weapons in Cuba. JFK later chose not to invade, however he took a more peacefull actiona and put an embargo on Cuba, which makes sense for them to be mad about.

• In my oppinion I belive that he could have been assinated by the cuban government, because they were allready mad that he was stoping their funding to their country so it kinda adds up that they acctualy wanted him dead.

• I feel like the assassination was caused by the Cuban government. the Cuban government did not like Kennedy then it would  make sense they wouldk want to kill him. I personally think Lee killed him since he was found guilty.

• I think the assassination was caused by the Cuban government. If the Cuban government wasn't a big fan of Kennedy it would make sence for him to kill him. I personally think Lee did kill him since he was found guilty but we will never know since it happened in the past.

•  If the Cuban government had ties to the assasination, what do you think this meant for their allies in the U.S.S.R.? Do you think its possible the Soviets could have just been using Cuba as a proxy or was there perhaps even more to it?

• What do you think really happened to JFK? I think that the government could have possibly been the ones to blame for JFK's assasination. This is because how did the secret service not see the shooter? Also why did they think it was a good idea to have him sitting on the top of a convertible while there were people with a motive to kill, such as the Cuban government.

• That is a very good point that I had not thought about. I did some more research and found out that the secret service had a follow up car, as they were riding in a motorcade. Clint Hill, a secret service agent, jumped onto the back of the Presidents limousine, shielding the First Lady and JFK. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker