Vice Presidents

JD Vance and Tim Walz took the stage for the 2024 vice presidential debate, showcasing their unique journeys and perspectives.

JD Vance, born in 1984 in Ohio, overcame a challenging upbringing to become a bestselling author and graduate from Yale Law School. His book, Hillbilly Elegy, highlighted the struggles of many Americans, making his story relatable and inspiring.

Tim Walz, born in 1964 in Nebraska, dedicated his life to public service as a teacher and U.S. Representative. He focused on education and healthcare, emphasizing the power of community and collective action.

During the debate, Vance spoke passionately about creating opportunities for all, saying, “I know what it’s like to struggle.” Walz countered with a call for unity: “We need to come together to tackle these challenges.”

As they addressed tough questions, some viewers questioned whether either candidate could truly understand ordinary Americans' struggles. Yet both demonstrated a genuine desire to make a difference, leaving the audience to wonder: could they effectively translate their experiences into meaningful change?

What vice president do you think is better? 

Who do you Think has struggled more in their previous life? 

What vice president do you think won the debate?

https://www.vance.senate.gov/ 

https://mn.gov/governor/about-gov/timwalz/ 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that JD Vance won the vicepresidential debate because he spoke better and made better arguments than Tim Walz. He did a great job and was a very good public speaker which is why I think that he won the debate.

• I agree with this. but one of the main reasons why jd vance is better at talking then tim walz is that jd vance's job focused more on public speaking while tim wals has not had as much experience with public speaking  

• I think JD Vance would be a better vice president because of how he actually states that he understands us. You want to elect someone that understands your problems and struggles so they can fix them for you. I don't know who has struggled more in their previous life but I bet they both struggled a lot to get where they are now. 

• I would aggree I feel even if they struggeled the same in previouse life i feel like jd vance tells us about and tim wals dosent so ifeel like tim wals wouldnt be abel to talk to kamala very good and tell her what to do if kamala is presedent 

• What vice president did you think do better? I tgink JD Vance is a better option for our government and country. I think Jd Vance won the depate by quite a bit. Walz didn't even do bad JD just seemed calm and very sharp while speeking.

• I think that JD Vance is a better option for this country, I think that Vance had a harder home live and upbringing, I think that Vance easily won the debate. The experts also say that Vance had a better debate but Walz did better than he was expected.

• What vice president do you think is better? I think that JD Vance is the better option. He has done many things in his life and has a strong drive. I think that JD Vance won the debate, but both did well in the debate. 

• In the debate I think JD Vance won the debate. Although he won, I think both vp runners are good. They both help to make the word a better place in a way of understanding other peoples point of view. Even if they have struggled, someone has probably struggled more. As a vp canidate though, I don't think his stuggles are relavent in the debate. 

• This is a good point. Although I do feel That they both grew up on a middle class. although they may not be the vice presidents that grew up struggling the most i feel like they can relate to most americans 

• What vice president do you think is better? In my opinion, I would lean more towards with JD Vance. I think this because of what he has done with his life and how he has a strong drive through life, I think he is a strong man because he fought in the military  and that is a brave thing to do. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker