Should teachers be allowed to have a gun during school hours?

There are so many school shooting's that are starting to happen and it's going to get worse as we go on through the years. So they have been thinking about teahcers carring a gun on them during school hour's, but they would have to go through training and take a 6 month class for that training to carry a gun on them. But what happens if there is a teacher that break the rule that they would have for the gun's, for them to start a school shooting. That's why they have to go through a training. But nothing that we do is safe at all. Schools have tried everythig that they could and some of them have guards there and people are stilling starting school shooting's. So would they have to try and trust the teacher's or will they not let the teacher's have a gun during the school hour's.

It's something that we found have to find out. I highly doubt that they will let the teacher's carry one on them becuase that could cause a lot of things to happen. Kid's could try to steal it teacher's could try and use it. So the law could get passed but it could also not gte passed who knows. Hopeful they figure something out because the school shooting needs to stop asap. 

Question: Do you think that it is a good idea to have the teacher's carry guns. Why or Why not?

Question: Should the state pass that law?

Question: Do you think that the teacher's should do more than 6 month's of training.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies

• I don't think that the teacher should be allowed to have a gun during school. It might help us stay safe but it can also be very dangerous. I don't think the state should pass the law. If we do end up letting the teachers have guns I think they should go through 6 months of training to make sure that they know how to use the gun just in case of an emergency.

• I think that state should have teachers having guns making the school shooting safer. If a teacher has a gun in there room, they could defend the people in the class room. But the teacher should also have experinace with guns so stundents can trust the teacher. 

• I dont think it would be a good idea to give teachers guns during school hours, I think this because teachers would have to go through extensive backround check and training to handle the firearm. If they do get passed that teachers could get out of controll and pull the firearm on their own students. I think it would be a better idea to give teachers tazers or pepper spray instead of guns so they cant cause any real damage to students.

• I do think it is a good thing to have teachers with guns in your school. It also gives the students a reason to feel safe and I feel they could do much better in school if they feel safer. I do think they should pass they law but leave it up to the state if their schools can carry guns or not. I also do think that the teachers should be required to take a saftey course for atleat 6 months.

• I think it could be a good law because of teh uprise of school shooting although there would need to be a lot of money and time put into it. they would need to be trained and to own a gun. I think it should be an optional law which is up to decision by the state. I think they should have at least 6 mounths of training.

• I don't think that it is a good idea to have teachers carry guns because it only adds more risk. There could be a crazy teacher that becomes the shooter or there could be a kid that steals the gun and shoots people. It could help but it just adds another risk.

• I think that it isn't a bad idea for teachers to carry a gun but I think that they have to be responsible and I think that a teacher should have atleast 6 months of training to carry a weapon because they need to be confident with the weapon and know how to protect people.

• I think 6 months of training is a good amount of time to learn how to use a firearm safely, but I don't agree with the fact that teachers should be able to carry a firearm. As you said before, students might mess around and hurt themselves or someone else if the gun is not put somewhere safe. Guns shouldn't be entrusted around kids because it only brings more danger into a classroom. 

• i think it is a smart idea for teachers to have guns because they can protect the kids better, it makes kids think they shouldn't cause shootings, and it makes the kids feel safer. i think that 6 months of training is just about the right amount of time for training but i think they should require lots of back ground checks and questioning to make sure that they are mentally ready to handle it.

• I agree with you. Teachers should have at least 6 months of gun training before they are able to have a gun on them during school. I would feel very unsafe if they just gave out guns to any teacher that wanted one.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker