The most recent hurricane to hit Florida had around 120 mph winds and 13-15 feet of storm surge around Tampa but it wasn't really that bad of a storm, Milton was only a category 3 when it made landfall.  The death count so far is only at 16 and over 3.1 million are without power.

Hurricane Milton cant compare to some other hurricanes we have had where the amount of fatalities was over 100 and the winds were upwards of 200. Milton was a category 1 by the time it got across Florida's peninsula. Milton had about 2 inches of rain, the storm didn't do most of the damage it was the storm surge.

Milton's death total is still rising and streets are still flooded and power is still out but Milton has made it 150 miles from Florida and has almost completely disappeared.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think it was a big storm for people who personally experienced it. It might not seem like there was many people killed or houses destroyed, but imagine what it's like to live everyday seeing people around you have their lives and their homes taken.

• I think it was a big storm because people got killed, houses destroyed, and destroyed landscape. Also, now everyone has to fix their houses and the states that got effected has to pay billions of dollars just for repairs and its not the only hurricaine thats coming.

• I think that the strom has affected many people and caused large amounts of damage. However, many people were prepaired for the strom and had supplies ready and their houses ready. Many people who thought they were gonna be effected were safe which is good.

• I think people were preparing for Milton to be bigger and to case more damage. It was a big storm but a lot of people had time to escape, leave the state. It wasn't what they were expecting so not as much damage in what they were thinking. But people knew staying behind put their life at risk.

• I dont think that it was a big storm because even though it killed people they had worrning telling people to leave town and they just dident lisen plus if you knew a 15 foot wave was going to hit your house why would you stay.

• I think that it was a big storm. The storm managed to leave many people without power and caused some people to sadly pass. The storm caused a lot of damage which Florida now has to pay billions of dollars. Thankfully it didn't go more up in catagory like it was anticipated. Or else more fatalities could've happened. 

• I think that the storm has been seen as a big problem, and it is a bit of a problem if it has affected you, but i think that those who are not affected by it becaue they're on the otherside of the country have been overeacting a little bit much

• I think that Huricane Milton had the opertunity to be alot larger and cause alot more damage. Im glad that not alot of damage happened from the hurricane but more of the damage was from storm surge. Storm surge can be as bad as the damage from the hurricane and can even cause more damage that the hurricane himself.

• Milton was measured to much of a bigger storm then it ended up being. Nonetheless, I do not think the damages should be minimazed, or ignored as many people were still affected greatly. With homes and businesses being destroyed. 

• I think Hurricane Milton was a really bad storm but it wasn't as devistating as Hurricane Katrina. Yes, Hurricane Militon left many without homes and many missing but Katrina was hurting everything in its path and was making no exception. So no, I don't think Hurricane Militon was as devestating as Katrina. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker