Diana - Princess of Wales Conspiracy Theory

Princess Diana married into the Royal Family of the United Kingdom in 1981, to King Charles lll. She was loved and adored by many in the country. She was also known for being involved with activities that the royal family was forbidden to do. On August 31, 1997, Princess Diana died after her driver, Henri Paul, crashed into the 13th pillar in the Pont de l'Alma tunnel in Paris. 

One theory is that this was a total accident, that it was a total coincidence that she was at that place, at that time, and had that outcome. They believe that the car she was in was also being followed by paparazzi so that was also a reason for the crash. Also being that her driver Henri Paul, was really under the influence of alcohol because his BAC (blood alcohol content) was over three times the legal limit to operate a car. 

Another theory for her death was the royal family. As stated before, Diana would break many rules in the royal family. This included being the first royal family member to shake hands with an AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) patient, she wouldn’t agree to obey everything Prince Charles said, and removed the word obey from her wedding vows. Another possible reason was that when Charles and Diana got divorced, Charles was still upset about it so he had her killed. Then Chalres and Hendi Paul went to the bars, Charles got him drunk, then he drove Diana and crashed. 

My personal opinion is that the reason she died was because of the royal family. I know that the royal family has top of the line security and safety measures. Also that Diana had a boyfriend, Dodi Fayed, who Diana said was “Mr. Wonderful” and considered him the love of her life. Which might have upset Charles so he would want her dead. 

Do you believe Charles would have wanted Diana dead?

What do you think happened to Princess Diana?

https://people.com/prince-charles-princess-diana-relationship-timeline-5894506#:~:text=In%20his%201994%20biography%2C%20 Charles,at%20the%20Queen's%20Balmoral%20Castle.

https://www.royal.uk/diana-princess-wales

https://people.com/princess-diana-dodi-fayed-relationship-timeline-8386191

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2023/11/24/the-crown-diana-death-paparazzi-driver/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/politics97/diana/driver.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Charles may have wanted Diana dead for not obeying the rules of the royal family. He also may have wanted Diana to die because of their divorce, he was probably still upset about it and filled with anger and envy towards Diana's boyfriend, Dodi Fayed. I believe that the royal family had princess Diana killed because of how she represented them by not following the rules or being "royal enough". 

• I belive that Charles wanted her dead, because of the divorcement, rule breaking and the jealousy of Diana's new boyfriend. I think our best guess is Charles planned her killing, there could be many ways he could have planned this but I think he was the one that some howplanned her killing.  

• I agree with your comment. You had a lot of pieces of evidence from the text in your comment. I do also agree that the reason that he would want her dead was because of the rule breaking of her in the royal family. One of the more viral instances that Diana broke the rules was when Diana particapated in the race that her sons school. 

• I believe that it was just an accident, I mean there are reasons to believe that Charles wanted her dead, she broke rules and did her own thing. But I don't think that he would go out of his way to kill someone that he used to love. The paparazzi were following her maybe distracting the driver that as you mentioned was under the influence of alcohol. Being distracted and under influence doesn't end well so I think that it was an accident. 

• i belive that charials wanted her dead because they got a devorce and soon after that she got herself a new boyfriend, and i compleataly beleave he had the right to get mad because she kindov treated him like dirt so he had the right to get mad at her.

• I could see why Charles would want her dead, as they had just gotten a divorce and she had already moved on to have a new boyfriend. I would also see him being mad over all the little things she had done while they were married, because all of the wives of the royals before had been very loyal. 

• i believe that charles did want diana dead for his own selfish reasons. just because she breaks some rules of th eroyal family does not mean she deserves to die. Plus charles was very envious of the other relationship diana was having. 

• I agree with your comment. I do agree that Diana whould have wanted her dead and it was very wrong for him to set this up. I also agree with how you said how it was wring for Charles to want her dead, because  he was jealous of her other relationship. Good comment!

•  

I do believe that Charles wanted her dead due to her breaking so many royal rules as you said. Also, as you said she had another boyfriend and charles was jealous but also I wouldn't think someone would reach to that line. What I think happened to Diana is that she got killed by the royals for not following them.

• I agree with you because as you stated, "she got killed by the royals for not following them." I do also believe Charles had set up a plan to want Diana dead. Also because her boyfriend Dodi Fayed was in the car involving Diana and he was found dead at the scene as well. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker