Will Elon Musk buy Twitter? (Update he already did)

As many of you know Elon Musk has offered to buy 100% of Twitter. His offer was for 43 billion dollars and he made this offer on April 14, 2022. This was an all-cash offer. If he buys Twitter he will turn it into a private company. Meaning nobody would be able to buy a stock. Elon currently owns about 9% of Twitter and he is the biggest stockholder by far. Musk has said that he would pay up to $54.20 per stock. This would be a huge price increase given the current value of a stock is only $48.93. If he pays $54.20 per stock he ends up paying 43.4 billion dollars for the company. Seeming as though Elons total net worth is 264.6 billion dollars. So 43.4 billion dollars is still a lot to everyday people but to Elon, it is pocket change. Some people don't want Musk to purchase Twitter. They do not want former President Donald Trump. Trump was kicked off of Twitter after he called the January 6th rioters "patriots." Elon has said that he would allow Trump to come back on Twitter if he becomes the CEO. Many people don't like this idea just because they don't like Trump and anything to do with him. 

If you were the president of Twitter would allow Elon to buy it out?

Would you allow former President Donald Trump to come back on Twitter?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice(+5) Ben! I would like to see your summary be a bit longer. Add your thoguhts and opinions. Also be sure to reply a bit more frequently on three different days.

• I think it is a good thing that he bought twitter I don't personally use the app but I like the part that Trump might be able to get back on because of the things he says and even though some people don't like its better because I think that it will help him when he goes to run for president again.

• Yes I would, I would let elon do what he wants with it just to please him,  he deserves to buy it and then he could un ban dondald trump from it, I honestly would let dondald trump back on twitter and would be lean with the rules

• I think that Elon Musk made a good decision to buy Twitter because he will make Twitter open to all people.  The previous owner closed it down to free speech. Violent people were allowed to post, but they banned President Trump and many other Republican related posts. They caused it to become a one-sided social media because a lot of it was about the single president. Now that Elon Musk owns it; he will return it to free speech. 

• I think that Eon Musk will buy twitter. I think he already did. I hope when he takes charge of it he lets Trump back on because I think his tweets are funny. I think that it will be good to have a lot more free speech on the app and not everybody gets banned like trump did.

• I agree. He should let Donald Trump back on the website. 

• Yes i think elon will buy twiiter considering that he already has. I think he will unban trump because he wants freedom of speech. I think it's funny when he's arguing with people. so yes he should unban trump.

• Unbanning Donald Trump would be a smart decision for him. It would allow people to speak more freely about their opinions and they could have the freedome of speech that they want. 

• Yes Elon musk will buy Twitter because he has already bought Twitter. I really hope that he unbans Donald Trump because Donald Trump is very funny because he is always arguing with someone and Elon's idea is that people can speak freely on the app.

• Yes, because he did. Elon just wants a free speech space for people around the world. And I believe he's going to accomplish it. I would allow President Trump to come back because there is no reason to ban him from it anyways. He could have also go it for free from the app store.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker