Why is the Grinch Not on Netflix anymore?

Last weekend my mom and I were trying to find christmas movies to watch and the first movie that came to mind was the one and only “How the grinch stole christmas” and so we went to look for it and nothing came up. The Grinch has been my favorite movie since I was 7, seeing that we couldn't find it anywhere without paying broke my heart

November 8th, 2000, a new movie came out, the movie was “How The Grinch Stole Christmas”. Right away the movie hit number one on the movie charts and stayed like that for several more weekends. The Grinch also held the highest ranking christmas movie for 18 years.  On Friday, December 4th, 2020 The Illumination and Universital studios contract had expired with Netflix and the film vanished off Netflix. Many people were asking “why would they take the film off netflix?” Many fans were confused cause that was one of the most popular movies on the netflix platform no matter the time of year. 

Do you think Netflix should renew the contract with Universital Studios and Illumination?

Did you like the Grinch? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well done overall Bailey! I do think your summary is brief overall. Great job replying to students!

• I think the grinch should be renewed because its an original christmas movie and everyone watches it. I personally have seen the grinch lots of times and don't find it anything special anymore.

• Although yes netflix should renew their contract with Universal Studios and Illumination I read some not too long ago saya that Universal Studios and Illumination signed a contract with peacock. I do like the Grinch movie. It's one of my favorites and I am going to find a way to watch it one of these days.

• Yes i do like the grinch and also yes i think that they should re new the contract because of how much of a sucsessful movie it was from netflix or just the movie in general.

• I love christmas stories so yes the grinch will always be a classic to me and yes I would love for them to renew there contract but it probably will not happen and who knows universal might make there own streaming platform lord knows every other company is doing it they have a good lineup of films to where a streaming service could work

• I think the grinch is a ok movie and i think it should be back on Netflix I think Netflix should definitely renew their contract with Universal studios for people to watch the movie. I think Netflix would get a lot more views if they had the grinch back on there movies.

• I definitely think that the grinch should 100 percent be renewed there is no point for it not to be. I personally do not love the grinch but I do think it is a good movie it just is not my favorite Christmas movie but I think it is a classic movie that should be on netflix for people to watch.

• I highly agree that netflix should renew the contract with them, Grinch is a classic and the best Christmas movie out there. It brings the kids and their familes together and puts them in the Christmas Spirt. As long as its on Netflix around Christmas time. 

• Yes they should renew the contract because for them it would be benifical for them and thay could make more money on it and we still grt a classic movie back

• Netflix should definitely renew the contract with Universal Studios and Illumination so everyone has a family-friendly movie to watch that's not the polar express. I loved the grinch because it was a nice, cool Christmas movie that everyone can enjoy, no matter their age. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker