When Should You Put Your Christmas Tree Up?

When is a good time to put your Christmas tree up? Some people put their Christmas tree up right after Halloween. In my opinion I think that is kind of early for a Christmas tree to go up. I think a good time is right before thanksgiving or a few days after thanksgiving that give you time to enjoy your Christmas tree still for a while but not too early. So that will give you time to clean your house between holidays to clean your house before putting up your Christmas tree

The internet says the day after Thanksgiving is a great time to put up your Christmas tree. An average of 55.5% put up their Christmas tree the day after thanksgiving. A small percentage of people say that December 1st is a good time to set up your Christmas tree.

Tradition says you shall wait until the beginning of Advent, which begins on the fourth Sunday before Christmas before putting up the tree. As the tree, lights, and the decorations all symbolize the spirit of Christmas, and the joyful time of the birth of Jesus.

Christmas is such a fun time of year, and the tree can honestly be put up whenever each household wishes. As long as the spirit of Christmas lies deep inside our hearts.

Questions:

When do you put your Christmas tree up?

When do you think it is a good time to put up your Christmas tree?

How many Christmas trees do you put up in your house?

https://www.balsamhill.com/inspiration/best-time-to-put-up-your-christmas-tree 

https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/lifestyle/a25333519/when-to-put-up-your-christmas-tree/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• We put our Christmas tree up after Thanksgiving because Christmas comes after Thanksgiving. I don't really think there is a bad time to put up your Christmas tree, unless the time is not in season. We put up one tree in our house, but if you have a big house, I could see putting up two.

• We put up our christmans tree usually after thanksgiving. I think that after thanksgiving is a good time to put up your tree because a lot of people take thanksgiving for granted because of christmans. We usually put 2 trees, one in our living room and then one small one downstairs.

• My family always puts our tree up sometime near the end of Thanksgiving. I think putting up up immediately after Halloween can be exessive, or over the top. My house usually only has one big tree in the living room, along with many other decorations throughout the house.

• We like to put our Christmas tree up right after Halloween. Most years we put it up one of the first days of November. It has never not been up after the 10th of November. I think that is a good time to put your Christmas tree up is before November 10th. We have one big Christmas tree and then each person has one in their room.

• At our house we we put it up early around the first week of November is when we put it up. The idea of putting it up early is to enjoy the tree for a longer period. I genrally think around thanksgiving through is the best time to put a tree up.

• In my family, we always put the Christmas tree on the 1st day of December, and we leave it till January 7th because of the Epiphany, which is on January 6th. I think that you should be the one who decides whether or when to put up your tree, but don't put it right after summer because just why.

• I also think that you can put your Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving because it would be fun to experience the end of a holiday with family, and place the tree with your family until you see them in Christmas.

• My family always puts a tree up right after Thanksgiving so it's not too early and the tree dies. I don't think trees should go up sooner, and Christmas music should also wait because Christmas is not even the holiday after Halloween.

• My family likes to put our tree the weekend of thanksgiving. I think it's the perfect time to do it because it's up for thanksgiving dinner and adds a little bit of holiday cheer and it brings the family together to decorate it. 

• I put my christmas tree up after thanksgiving. I think people should put their christmas tree up after thanksgiving. My family only puts one christmas tree up.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker