What motivates you to pay attention in school?

Back in January a survey was done in a few schools asking students what motivated them to try in school. Most students said having a good interest in the topic or having a teacher that is passionate helps them get through the class. But what makes you motivated for school? Some kids enjoy their classes so they don't have to worry about being motivated to do their work. Other kids dislike school so much that they won't do their homework or they will cause trouble at school to get out of it. It is important to be motivated at school because it will help you stay focused on your goals in school. A lot of kids start the year with a lot of motivation but as the school year goes on they start to lose their motivation. Teachers can sometimes contribute to the loss of motivation due to the amount of work they expect students to complete. A sudden loss of motivation can also be a sign of stress or depression.

Do you have one specific thing or multiple that motivates you to pay attention in school?

what motivates you to try in school?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't have much movtivation in school. The only thing that motivates me is the fact that if I do good, I can leave in a couple of years. Sports also helps motivate me, because if I get good grades, then I can play and not be ineleligable. I make sure to get enough sleep every night so that I can pay attention in school.

• Probably if the class is interesting and isn't boring. I have a hard time paying attention in class if the teachers would make the class more fun I guarantee a lot more students would get a better grade in the class. So only if the class is interesting to me, will I try to pay attention. 

• The one thing that motivates me to stay in school is being able to experience my senior year, like the last prom, last homecoming, and last football season. It's nice to experience high school while you can. Even when I feel like giving up I just look toward graduation and think about how proud my parents would be.

• What motivates me to try in school is my parents because they didn't suffer all my childhood due to me being so difficult just to be awful in school. They would also beat me if I had Fs. They get mad at me for having Cs. Having good grades is also pretty cool I guess.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker