What changes did Gandhi make.

I think that Gandhi was a good guy and made quite a few changes in his lifetime. Mahatma Gandhi was born in Porbandar, a town in Gujarat in western India on the 2nd of October 1869. He organized Indian resistance, fought anti-Indian legislation in the courts, and led large protests against the colonial government. 

Gandhi made quite a few changes throughout his life. One of the changes people know most about is non-violence, the act of no violence. How did he do this you ask? He brought people together in an Indian Resistance, to protest against anti-Indian legislation. He also protested for non-violence and peace.

There were a lot of challenges to make his change happen. Things that happened were, Gandhi, was arrested with other Indians for refusing Africa's laws that said that all Indians register with the police and be fingerprinted. Even though this happened many times with protesting, he still kept protesting against these unjust laws. And after 20 long years, Gandhi went home a hero.

There were also positives and negatives with what he did. The negatives were, he had to spend years and years away from home, and he didn't have much money to live off of. And the positives were, that he inspired people to change things about their lives and that he helped people near and far from his home. 

I think that Gandhi was a great man for doing all of this

Links: https://www.crf-usa.org/black-history-month/cesar-chavez. Accessed 8 November 2023.

2023, https://www.britannica.com/biography/Mahatma-Gandhi. Accessed 8 November 2023.

Questions: If you were in his shoes, would you do the same?

How do you think he was able to keep going?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice but it is hard to do Ghandi justice in a few short paragraphs. This really needed to be longer to better educate people about Ghandi so they had a better chance to answer your questiions.

• I personally think that Ghandi is a brave man for standing up for what he believed was right in a non-violent way and fought people in court by creating his own resistence. But I personally would not do the same if I were in his shoes. Just because non-violent was so uncommon back then during that time. 

• I think he was able to keep going because he wanted to spread his message of positivity all around the world and make more people join the Satyagraha movement to make a great impact on today's society, and also was able to keep going because of the love he had for his followers. Gandhi wanted to cause an impact even if it made him betray his Hindu beliefs. 

• I agree with you, he did want to spread his message of positivity.

• Personally, no i wouldnt do the same. I mean i get where he's coming from just i wouldnt do it for some peace. our world is messed up we know. So all im really saying is i wouldnt do the same.

• That's all right, we all try to help in our own way.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker