Washington Wildfires

If there wasn’t really any type of lighting around the area it was mostly the human caused that doesn't really mean the arson. Then this fire has been going through by starting April 15th through October with just 15 each year while it is destroying the Washington state throughout the day and evening. The wildfires it did destroyed about 5.000 acres to ( 20km2) that did start to go and increase. With all the data that has been taken there from the past year of 2002 of the year.

There have been about 185 structures of buildings and apartments that have been demolished and all burned down from all of the fire that has been going on with the people. Only there has just been one person that has died from it.how everything did burne down it all collapsed by when it hit Sunday morning with only zero percent.There also was almost 240 homes that were all burned down from all of the flames that had been going on.

There were about 7.2 total injuries that people have gotten while living in the Washington fires while it was breaking out. There also was a total of 2.3 deaths after there were a lot of people that did die inside their homes while they couldn’t get out from the burning fire. Lastly there were almost a total of 1,0000 fires that started to go and break out during the day and months when it was too ready to break out.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/20/washington-state-wildfire-leaves-one-dead-and-nearly-200-structures-destroyed

Have you heard about the Washington fires going on?

What could be done to prevent these?

Would you be willing to live there with the fires?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice Elsie! Work on a better opening paragraph and be sure to comment more frequently to students.

• I have not heard anything about the Washington fires that are going on right now. I believe that theree could ether have been more burn bans or more warnings to be careful when burning. I would not live there with all the fires going on.

•  I can say I have not heard anything about the Washington fires going on right now. I think them putting on more fire bans to control the burning would help. They could also be suppling more fire equpment. but I would not want to live with the fires going on

• No I didn't hear about the washington wildfires before I read this article. I think they can inform more other to be more careful while buring and put on burn bans so people don't burn or have a lot of people to help so it doesn't get out of control. I don't think I would want to live there with all the wildfires going on. 

• No I have not heard of the Washington fires before reading this post. I think that putting certain restrictions on controlled fires could prevent there being more fires. Otherwise, more firefighters, more resources and supplies. I think that it would be very unfourtunate to be living there right now.

• I didn't hear about the Washington fires until this article. I think they could tell the people to be more causes and put fire bans on. I think they could also help the fires by getting more fire equipment. I don't think I would want to live there with all the fires.

• I have heard about the Washington fires going on right now but I did not know a lot of information about what was happening. I am not sure exactly what could have been done to prevent these exact wildfires but there are solutions to others.

• I have not heard of the fires in Washington. I am not sure what could be done to prevent the fires if they were caused by lightening, but if they were caused by people, maybe there could be more severe punishments for them. I would like to live in Washington because I think it is a very pretty state.

• I have never heard of the Washington Fires, but I have heard of lots of Wildfires. Lots of things can be done to help prevent this sort of thing from happening. More firefighters, better resources etc. I would not be able to live with these fires.

• I had never heard about the Washington fires before. I don't know if there is a lot that you can do to prevent the fires. I do not think that I would be willing to live somewhere that has fires. It would be very scary to go to bed knowing that a fire could start near you.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker