Tornado hits Oregon Beach

On October 14 at around 8:20 am, a rare tornado hit a Oregon town beach. No injuries or deaths occurred during this storm. One Tillamook County Sheriff Andy Lone said they have gotten several calls of damage. One women said the storm was so powerful it ripped her windows right out of her house. Portland General Electric said they had over 4,000 customers with out power at 5:00 am. Debbie Harmon, owner of the Amanita Galley, said all of the damage is pretty much by the beach and downtown. She also said all of a sudden this storm just started out of nowhere. She looked up in the sky and saw tons of debris in the air. Then all of a sudden it just stopped. 

Questions: 

1. Have you ever encountered a tornado? If so, how did it end up to be like? 

2. If you were in this circumstance what would of you done?

Opinion: 

1. I personally haven't ever encountered a tornado in my life time. I kind of always wanted to see a tornado in person. 

2. Since I haven't ever seen a tornado, I'd probably watch it for a bit then would go find shelter.

Link: 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/10/14/rare-tornado-strikes-oregon-beach-town-thousands-without-power/92059086/  

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good summary but be sure to comment more frequently. Also be sure to hyperlink correctly.

• I have never been in a tornado, the most i have been in is just a small one hitting the ground in the town i have been in but did no damage and if did very little. If i was in that situation i would go and take cover and tie myself to a pole or something that would not move

• I have been lucky and the closest I have been to a tornado is the one that went North of Harlan however long ago. So nothing bad turned up. I would have no idea what to do and I would be scared out of my mind. All I could have done is try to find the lowest part of land and hope that I can survive. 

• Yes, I have seen one tornado nothing bad happened out of it, it was in the water down by council bluffs. I would find shelter immediately 

• I have never seen a tornado in real life. 

Depends If I saw it from far away then I would look at it but if was close I would go find shelter right away.

• I have not encountered a tornade,but if i was in there situation i would make sure my family safe

• No, I have never encountered a tornado. If I was in that circumstance, I would have ran inside some sort of shelter and waited it out. I would be scared because tornadoes are dangerous and can cause a lot of damage. 

• I did when I was shopping once. I would have took shelter and told my parents i was okay.

• I have never encountered a tornado. If I was in this circumstance I would find shelter and wait till it is over.

• If I were in this circumstance I would've probably watched if I it was a good ways away and then I would've went and found shelter. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker