The Year 1978

1978. What a year. I was 7 years old and to be quite honest with you, I don't remember anything specific from this year. Still, it was a year that we need to get to know better.

I am looking for you to share some interesting things that happened in 1978. This could be historical events, songs, movies, fads, etc. Really anything that helped define 1978.

Please add pictures or video to help showcase what you are adding to the discussion.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here is the video for 'Roxanne' by The Police (which i just embedded) 

• In the year 1978 the team from Pin-Kuang-Chinese taipei beat Danville, California 11 to 1 to win the 1978 little league world series.

100px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China.svg.png 

• in 1978 American Airlines Flight 191 crashed and exploded in a field near O'Hare International Airport in Chicago
  • Another very famous movie was Superman. It was directed by Richard Donner. It stared Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder, and Gene Hackman.

3310372154?profile=original

• Grease was one of many popular movies in 19783310370521?profile=original
  • In the year 1978 three American balloonists made the first crossing of the Atlantic ocean by hot air balloon in the Double Eagle II. A couple popular movies in this year were Greece and Jaws 2. Popular TV shows were The Little House on the Prairie, Happy Days, and The Muppet Show!
  • In 1978, the wonderful, funny, musical Grease was released. Its about these two differtent people who fall in love but live different lives. It was directed by Randal Kleiser. It was a movie that hit alot of lives. When fate brings them together, do they stay or leave. Its a great movie.

grease-poster.jpg    Grease1.jpg 

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&q...=

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grease_(film)

• In 1978, two blockbuster movies came out the

"Superman"

and "Jaws 2"

So I added the trailer of Jaws 2 from 1978

• David Berkowitz, American Serial Killer, who terrorized NYC for more than a year. Berkowitz was arrested on August 1977, but wasn't sentenced til 1978. He claimed that a demon who possessed his neighbor's dog commanded him to kill. Also he said he only kill 3 of the 6 people that were murdered, he said member of a satanic cult that he belonged to had killed and wounded the rest of the victims. He is 53 now and this is picture of him.

220px-David_Berkowitz_prison_mugshot.jpg

• Pink Floyd's "The Wall" was being worked on in 1978. The Wall came to be one of the best rock albums of all time so play "Another Brick in the Wall."
This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker