The Oscars

Can you believe the first Oscars ceremony lasted only 15 minutes? You read that right, just 15 minutes. It took place in 1929 and it has been a star-studded affair ever since. The Oscars, officially known as the Academy Awards, is an annual ceremony that celebrates outstanding achievements in the film industry. It's like the Super Bowl for movies! 

This event has to be one of the most iconic of all time. The Oscars have seen iconic moments that have become part of pop culture. From Will Smith slapping Chris Rock, to John Cena’s naked moment, to Ryan Gosling performing “I’m Just Ken”, and other unexpected surprises, the ceremony always keeps us on the edge of our seats. One of the most exciting parts of the Oscars is the red carpet,celebrities arrive in their stunning outfits, and the media goes wild capturing their looks. 

The Oscars performances are always so exciting too. They bring together some of the biggest stars in the entertainment industry to showcase their talent on stage. Some of the greatest performances have been done by Billie Eilish, Adele, Lady Gaga, Ryan Gosling, etc. During the ceremony, awards are presented in various categories, including Best Picture, Best actor/actress, Best Original Screenplay, and many more. This year, the so-called “Barbenheimer'' has had a big impact on the film industry. The Barbie movie won 8 oscars, while Oppenheimer won 7; this has created a huge debate between fans of both movies. 

The Oscars will truly never get old, whether you’re a movie buff or just enjoy the glitz and glamour, the Oscars is an event that captivates audiences around the world. It's a celebration of creativity, talent, and the magic of the silver screen. Lights, camera, action!

Questions:

Have you watched the Oscars?

If you were to win an Oscar, which category would you win it for? Example: I would win an Oscar for “Most Movie Fanatic” (It doesn't have to be a real category)

Do you prefer Barbie, Oppenheimer, or Barbenheimer?

BEST OSCARS MOMENTS

link

link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I have not watched the Oscars and I don't think I ever will. I think it's cool when people get the awards that they deserve and that they can celebrate. If iI had to chose out of those 3, I think that I would choose oppenheimer.

• Yes, the Oscars has a very long ceremony, 3 hours, and I think it has been longer. It is pretty awesome that people get recognized for their work, for what they love to do! Oppenheimer is a great movie, very long too but it's interesting. 

• I have watched the Oscars before, and I enjoyed them. I thought it was fun to watch and interesting to see all the different people getting awards. I like the Barbie movie better than Oppenheimer.

• I also enjoy watching the Oscars! I love when people get the awards they deserve. It is very interesting since people from everywhere gather together to celebrate the movie industry. I also prefer Barbie.

• no because I don't really watch movies that much. If I could win an oscar I would want to win at being the best director because I think that directing would'nt be that hard. I could'nt decide because I haven't seen any of them but I would like to someday.

• Oh, I didn't know you do not enjoy movies a lot, maybe you're interested in other stuff. Being a director can be hard for bigger projects and you have to have a lot of knowladge over certain things, but yes I guess it could be easy. Both movies are great, I think you should watch them if you have time. 

• I have watched the oscars once before in my life. I think I would win it for best actor because I am good at acting things out and improvising. I have never seen the barbie movie so out of those 3, oppenheimer is my favorite.

• I think it's great to have improvising skills, it's very helpful for everything. If you like to act I recomend you to be in the next school play (not a musical), which will be next spring. Oppenheimer is a great movie, has a lot of historical information.

• bump

• I have never watched the oscars, and I don't think that I ever will. I don't think I would win an award because I wouldn't really want to be there at all. I haven't seen either movie, but the Oppenheimer movie would be something I would watch.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker