The life of Gypsy Rose Blanchard

Gypsy Rose Blanchard is a 32-year-old woman who gained lots of attention in the media when she was around 20. Gypsy lived with her mother Dee Dee Blanchard in Springfield, Missouri. Gypsy's mom Dee Dee stated gypsy had some problems at birth. The first problem was sleep apnea. Later in gypsy's life, Dee Dee Blanchere claimed that Gypsy was diagnosed with leukemia, muscular dystrophy, and many different medical conditions that were going to require a lifetime of medical help. However, Gypsy was not unwell, her mother had been lying about all of her symptoms and medical issues. Gypsy was tortured with fake medical conditions that were being treated when nothing was wrong. She was so unwell due to the treatments. The mother of Gypsy stopped seeing doctors for a while after some tests came back negative and took the illnesses into her own hands because she had nurse training so she knew the symptoms and treatments for Gypsy's medical conditions. They received lots of money from the community because her health was “so bad.” 

In 2011 Gypsy met a man at a science fiction convention and got in touch with him. The two had planned to run away from her mom with him over the computer. Dee Dee then tracked the two down and Gypsy got taken back home and faced severe consequences. Dee Dee smashed Gypsy's computer so she could no longer contact this man. Later on, gypsy managed to get back online and met another man on a Christian dating site. Gypsy told him everything and told him she needed her mother to be killed. In 2015, the man she met on the dating site came to Gypsy’s house while the mother was sleeping and stabbed Dee Dee to death while Gypsy was in the other room waiting for an answer. Gypsy and the man then ran away to a different state. 

In 2016 Gypsy pleaded guilty to second-degree murder. She was sentenced to 10 years in prison but was released about two years earlier on December 28, 2023. Gypsy’s partner who killed Dee Dee, Godejohn was found guilty in 2018 for first-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison. Ever since Gypsy got released she has been blowing up all over the media. She claims she enjoys her freedom away from her mom but is not happy Dee Dee is dead. She is now out of prison and happily married.

Sources:

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

Source 4

Questions:12346597857?profile=original

Do you think Dee Dee deserved to die?

Why do you think Dee Dee put Gypsy through all of this?

Why did Gypsy call for help so many years after everything started?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I  think that Gypsy did not know any other way tp get away from her mom and she felt that was her only option. 

• I feel like Gypsy was put through this torture by her mom because they were probably struggling financially. Dee Dee doesn't deserve to die necessarily, but definitely be sentenced to jail time for the tragedy she put her daughter through. She most likely found out her mom was forcing her to be sick, and needed to get out of all the torture she was being put through.

• Dee Dee got what she wanted financially wise. 

• I think this is a very sad and tragic story. I believe that it is an interesting event and I think that gypsy should not have killed Dee Dee.  I do wonder if Dee Dee deserved it for harming Gypsy and putting her through lots of pain that was never needed.

• `It is a very tragic and sad story and I hope that no one else has to go through what Gypsy went through. 

• I dont think that Dee Dee deserved to die. Her mom was not mentally okay that she thought that it was okay to fake her daughters medical conditions. Gypsys didnt know anything for a long time so when she got older she found out there was something that could stop her tourture. 

• Her mo did have a lot of mental problems. 

• I don't think that Dee Dee deserved to die I think that she should have been punished for what she did. She should've gone to jail and they could have punished her there. Gypsy could have looked at this situation in many other ways killing someone doesn't really resolve the problem. Yes, this gets rid of the problem and stops the torture but gypsy is a good person and she must feel guilty every day for her actions.

• I think that Gypsy was overwhelmed with everything going on and scared of her mom finding her boyfriend and they thought the only option was to kill her. 

• Dee Dee may have put Gypsy through this for money. A lot of people were giving them money since Gypsy's health was not doing good. Once she started making money she probably didn't want Gypsy leaving the house with another guy. I also think it's crazy how she's already married. I think it's funny that she just got out of prison at the end of december and she already found a man and got married.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker