The impact of social media on society

Social media has been around for a long time and has many pros and cons to it. Social media is seen as a very powerful tool. It has grown greatly throughout the years. 

Social media has connected people all over the world. Some examples of this are when you have a long distance friend, relationship or family member you can communicate through email, messages, etc. or when you're away for vacation you can post on instagram, snapchat, etc. Social media can also empower communities through social movements

Social media can also have some negative aspects such as cyberbullying, miscommunication, or the spread of fake news. These aspects can contribute to someone's mental or physical health. Social media is also used to promote businesses or small companies. It helps advertise their marketing or customer interaction. 

Social media can be involved with memories, ideas, and support. It has a big role with sharing certain information or aspects in life. Social media has many benefits and helps the world all together. Society has become better and stronger with the use of social media.

Have you ever been impacted by social media, if so was it in a negative or postitive way?

Do you think social media is beneficial to society? 

How do you think small businesses would be affected if social media went away?

https://www.simplilearn.com/real-impact-social-media-article#:~:text=Social%20Media%20is%20relatively%20a,harm%2C%20anxiety%2C%20and%20loneliness.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that socail media has effected society in both a positive and negative way. Even though people are glued to their cell phones and technological deviced, so much good has come from social media. Businesses are so much more succesfull, and have the rare ability to get information out into the public. 

• I think that i have been impacted bysocial media as well as everyoen else. I think that social media has its pros and cons, some of the pros are that there is a learning side to it and you can benifit from that, and the cons are that social media is adicting and make less time to do other stuff. I think that is social media went away it would nat be good for small businesses, that is how they got their bussines ou to the world. 

• I have been affected by social media in both a positive and negative way. I think that social media has taught me a lot, both good and bad. I do believe that social media is beneficial to some capacity and that if it went away small businesses would be heavily affected if it did go away.

• I have been impacted by social media, but both a negative and a postive way. Social media can be a mix of beneficial and bad for society. If social media went away, so many small businesses would crumble because their main way of avertisement is through social media.

• I agree it can impact you in both ways. A lot of small businesses would go away without avertisement. 

• I have been impacted by social media, in both a positive, and negative way. I think im speaking for everyone when I say that social media has impacted everyone atleast at one point. I think social media is benefical in some ways, but in other ways, its really become harsh and harmful to people. Social media is the cause of depression, sucicide, and other mental illnesses. 

• I think social media has had a positive impact on me because I can talk to my friends and watch videos that are interesting to me. I don't know if ti is beneficial to society but it makes it easier to communicate. I think that small businesses would be very affected because they wont be able to promote their business to their target audience.

• I agree, it is super easy to communicate through social media but it isn't helping social media a lot. Small businesses would not be able to avertisement. 

• I think that social media has impacted everyone in good and in bad ways. We are becoming a little to addicted to it and rely on social media for everything we do and any inconvinence that we go through. Social media is beneficial to society because its teaches us so many things that we don't and could not ever know. 

• I agree we rely and use social media a lot. Social media can be beneficial and teach us many things.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker