The History on the National FFA Week

The History of National FFA week is to show others what we do and how we do things. The reason why National FFA week is so important is because it works on personal Growth, and  positive development. In 1934 National FFA Week was established during the 6th National FFA Convention. FFA is a statewide organization That anybody could join. I joined FFA in 7th Grade thinking that I was not going to enjoy it but during my freshman year I filled out my application to become a Officer and decided that I wanted to wait a year just to make sure that I wanted to be in FFA. So once I became a sophomore I filled it out again and got the position I wanted and also being an Officer looks good on college applications. I have done so much time invested in my FFA Chapter like helping with community service and there are a lot of Competitions that you can do as a member and doing the competitions help with Leadership, Communication skills and more. I believe that FFA is not for everyone but you should give it a try because who knows you might enjoy it. Also being in FFA you get to go to the National Convention in Indianapolis for a week, and also you get to go to the State Convention and Get awards for competitions that you prcitited.

Do you like being in FFA, is there anything you would like to change?

Would you ever decide to become an Officer?

https://www.ffa.org/national-ffa-week/

https://footnote.wordpress.ncsu.edu/2021/02/18/the-history-of-national-ffa-week-2-19-2021/

(This is for extra Credit)

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I'll give you some extra credit points for your effort.

• I personally am not in FFA and I don't think I would enjoy being involved in it. I wouldn't want to be an officer in FFA because I wouldn't know what to do. I think FFA week is cool because they do a lot of things that are fun. But I don't think I would like being an officer or being in FFA.

• I use to be in FFA but not anymore I just didn't find to much interest in the class. I do not think I would want to be an officer because it is a lot of work that I am not very interested in doing.

• I am not in FFA and I wouldn't want to be. I wouldn't want to be an officer because I don't know what they do. I think FFA week is kind of cool because you get to do things that are fun. I don't think I would like FFA because I don't like Ag.

• I really like being in FFA and I do not think I would change anything about it excpet maybe have more meetings and more activities that are fun like dodgeball. I would never decide to be an officer because I do not have time for that.

• I do not think that there is anything in FFA that I would change. I would maybe change the offical dress to be much cuter, because for girls it is kind of ugly. I think I would not become an officer, I do not have time to be one.

• I agree, I think they should change how the offical dress is becuase it is very uncomftable to wear but you do get used to it after a while.

• Im not in FFA, dont know, not in it. I would not want to be an officer cause im not in FFA.

• I like being in FFA. I wish there was more people involved in FFA, that is something I would change. I decided to run for officer last year and this year. I got super lucky this year, and I got voted in for Treasurer. I think being an FFA officer is such a great leadership role. 

• I never went into FFA and I don't know what it feels like to be in FFA. I probably don't want to be an officer it takes a lot of practice and learning.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker