The History on the National FFA Week

The History of National FFA week is to show others what we do and how we do things. The reason why National FFA week is so important is because it works on personal Growth, and  positive development. In 1934 National FFA Week was established during the 6th National FFA Convention. FFA is a statewide organization That anybody could join. I joined FFA in 7th Grade thinking that I was not going to enjoy it but during my freshman year I filled out my application to become a Officer and decided that I wanted to wait a year just to make sure that I wanted to be in FFA. So once I became a sophomore I filled it out again and got the position I wanted and also being an Officer looks good on college applications. I have done so much time invested in my FFA Chapter like helping with community service and there are a lot of Competitions that you can do as a member and doing the competitions help with Leadership, Communication skills and more. I believe that FFA is not for everyone but you should give it a try because who knows you might enjoy it. Also being in FFA you get to go to the National Convention in Indianapolis for a week, and also you get to go to the State Convention and Get awards for competitions that you prcitited.

Do you like being in FFA, is there anything you would like to change?

Would you ever decide to become an Officer?

https://www.ffa.org/national-ffa-week/

https://footnote.wordpress.ncsu.edu/2021/02/18/the-history-of-national-ffa-week-2-19-2021/

(This is for extra Credit)

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• When i was in FFa was like in last year it was ok when i was in it but i didint really like when there was a lot of meeting during the months of the year and go and have some fun with it too. Also I wouldn't need to go and change nothing.

• I am not in FFA, so I don't know what should change. It sounds like a cool club, and if I were in it i might be an officer. Taking up leadership roles has a lot of benefits but also resposibility.

• Yes it is a very cool club and if you do join I reccomend you try to run for officer it looks good on applictions.

• I was in FFA for a couple of years, but currently I am not in it. I thought that it was really fun it just didn't pertain to what I wanted to do in my future. I'm not going into anything agriculture-related. I think the ag classes could be more fun, and I think that more people should join FFA. I personally wouldn't be an officer, I just don't have the time for it, but that's just me. 

• I'm personally not in FFA, but it sounds like a great organization designed to help future farmers and agriculture-interested students. I don't think FFA is for me, but I hope to hold other officer positions in other organizations someday as it does look good on applications. 

• I am personally not in FFA so I am not sure what would need to be changed. I would become an officer if I was in it. However, I don't know a lot about FFA or agriculture so I am not sure everything that you would have to do as an officer of FFA. Even though I am not in it, I think FFA is important to our school.

• I agree FFA is important to our school our chapter puts so much time in practicing for competions and more.

• I am not in FFA, and I never have been, so I don't know if I would change anything. I agree FFA is very important for personal growth because you can learn a lot and discover things you would not on a regular basis. I think that if I was in FFA I would not want to be an officer because that sounds like a lot of responsibility and a big commitment.

• I agree FFA is very important for personal growth becuase it bulids your comft as a person to go up and talk to someone or a crowd.

• I have never been in FFA so there is nothing that I can say needs to be changed. FFA seems fun and there is a posibility I could join and if I wwere in FFA I think I would personally become an officer in it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker