The History of the Green Bay Packers

The Green Bay Packers history dates back to August 11, 1919, when the Indian packing company agreed to sponsor the pro football team. The Packers joined the National Football League on August 27, 1921, The Packers played in the smallest city in the league at the time so most fans and owners of other teams thought they would relocate. At the start, the Packers mostly had local players from Green Bay or surrounding towns and cities in Wisconsin. In 1922 the Packers started recruiting big-time college athletes and players from other teams, With this big time recruiting the Packers were very competitive and made a really big name for themselves in the league.

The Lombardi Era, Vince Lombardi was one of the most beloved coaches in the NFL and the Packers history. He hoisted Many NFL championships up in the air during his time with the Packers and now the Superbowl trophy is named after him. Coach Lombardi won 3 NFL championships(AFL and NFL were not combined yet) and 2 Superbowl trophies with the Packers in 1961,1962,1965,1966,1967. Lombardi also won the first two Superbowls with the Packers which led to the trophy being named after him. Coach finished his career with the Packers with a record of 98-30-4 (.776) and won nine of the ten postseason games he coached.

The Packers are mostly known for their historically good PLayers and coaches. The Packers have 3 quarterbacks in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Bart Starr(1956-1971) Brett Farve (!992-2007) and after he retires will go to the HOF Aaron Rodgers (2005-Present). The Packers Have won 13 league championships, ( before the NFL and AFL combined into one league and they have 4 Super Bowl titles. Green Bay has 34 Hall of Fame players second most all-time behind their rivals the Chicago Bears. Packers are also known to have a great fanbase almost every game at Lambeau Field is sold out with fans supporting their favorite Football team.

https://www.packers.com/history/

https://www.profootballhof.com/teams/green-bay-packers/team-history/

What Is your Favorite NFL team, and How many Superbowls have they won?

If you were the Owner of the Packers Would you Relocate them, for a bigger Market?

Did You know The NFL and AFL used to be two separate Leagues?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and summary of the history of the Packers. I would like to see your opinions more on the Packers, Are they your favorite team? Who are you favorite players? etc. Also be sure to comment more frequently as you only did twice. Be sure to inlcude your sources as well.

• I don't personally have team that I am a go-crazy fan for, just because I don't want to have  to deal with the controversy of others trying to argue their team is better. However, my dad is a big fan of the cheifs and has been for a long time, I don't know how many super bowls they have won over all the years, but I do know that they have won quite a few over the past few years.

• My favorite NFL team is the Green Bay Packers and as you stated above, they've won 4 Super Bowls. Honestly if I were the owner I would have to look at all the data and then decide what I should do with the teams location. I did know that the NFL and AFL used to be two seperate leagues.

• My favorite football team is the Kansas City Chiefs, they have won 4 super bowls. This year being the most recent. If I was the owner, I would definetly try to get them into a bigger market. I didnt know the leagues used to be seperate. 

• My favorite NFL team is the Los Angeles Chargers and they have unfortunately not won any Super Bowls, they have come close a few times but lost. If I was the owner of the Packers I would consider relocating if it made sense too and it was in their budget. I think they make a good amount of money how it is already. I also did know the NFL and AFL used to be two separate leagues.

• I don't watch a lot of football, but my family are all Chiefs fans, so I can say I am too. The Chiefs have won four Superbowls. I didn't know the NFL and AFL used to be separate. I think I would relocate the Packers if I was the owner of the team. 

• The Kansas City Chiefs are my favorite and they have won 4 super bowls. If I were the owner of the Packers I would relocate because having the chance for a bigger market is a great chance to make more memories and money. 

• I don't really have a favorite NFL team, because I never really watch football, but my family's favorite NFL team is the Vikings and they have not won any Superbowls. I do not think that I would relocate the Packers if I was the owner. I did know that they used to be two separate Leagues.

• I do not really have a favorite NFL team, I do not watch football. My familys favortie is the Packers, and the Cheifs. The Packers have won 4. The Cheifs have also won 4. I do not think that I would relocate the Packers. I did not know that they used to be seperate leagues.

• I don't have a favorite NFL team and didn't know the NFL and AFL used to be seperate leagues. think the Packers made a smart decision not to relocate becuase they still ended up being so sucessful and having dedicated fans.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker