The History of Super Bowl

From the first Super Bowl in 1967 to the Super Bowl in 2024 it has always been one of the most-viewed sports events in history. The first matchup was the Green Bay Packers against the Kansas City Chiefs. The Packers would end up taking home the World Professional Football Championship Trophy(which is what the trophy was called at the time and was later changed due to Legendary coach Vince Lombardi losing his battle with cancer in 1970.) With a score of Green Bay 35 to the Chiefs 10. The star in this game was the Packers WR Max McGee catching the ball 7 times for 138 and 2 touchdowns. Green Bay quarterback Bart Starr would end up winning the MVP(Most Valuable Player)that year. 

Another huge part of the Super Bowl is the halftime show. It always been a very anticipated announcement almost a anticipated as hearing the teams playing. With the very first halftime show came in 1967 being the University of Arizona Symphonic Marching Band. To the most relevant named artist for our generation Michel Jackson for Superbowl 27. This year is Usher and talks about a potential special guest Taylor Swift also performing. But at the time of the writing of this, there is no confirmation of that. 

There are some big-name players throughout the years and some not-so-well-known players in Superbowls. For example, Nick Foles was once on top of the NFL winning a Super Bowl for the Eagles when an injured Carson Wentz went down with an ACL injury crushing the dreams of Eagles fans but those dreams would soon be brought back by Nick Foles. A different example of a well-known player winning the Super Bowl in Patrick Mahomes or Tom Brady. Tom Brady has 7 career Super Bowl wins and Patrick Mahomes has 2 some people considering him to be the next Tom Brady and Patrick going on to win multiple Super Bowls in his professional career. 

Sources:

Questions:

1. How long have you watched Professional Football?

2. What is your favorite Super Bowl matchup?

3. What is your Favorite half-time performance? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I've never seen Michael Jackson's performance but it was probably one of the better ones. But yea I also watch a lot of bowl games whether it's NFL or NCAA. 

• I have watched football for almost all of my life, or at least as long as I can remember. My favorite Super Bowl matchup was the Super Bowl LI with the Falcons and Patriots when they came back in the 4th quarter. My favorite half time performance was Snoop Dogg/Dr. Dre halftime show.

• I agree that was my favorite halftime performance also, and that is also one of my favorite super bows it was really cool to see tom brady cap of a legacy with a huge comeback. 

• Ive been watching since my seahawks made and won the super bowl, my favorite match up is the Seahawks going against the lions its a great match from Kam chancellor and megatron, my favorite half time has to be bruno mars and travis scott

• I agree, I remember the days Kam would terrorize the league with his hit power and Megatron was a big problem for opposing defenses. 

• Professional football has been in my life for quite a while since my family likes to watch it. The most entertaining Super Bowl I've watched was definitely the Chiefs vs the 49ers but my favorite is the Rams vs the Bengals. My favorite halftime performance is Rihanna.

• I have watched pro football since I was young as I live in a family that likes to watch sports. my favorite super bowl was the New England Patriots vs. the Atlanta falcons. I don't normally watch the half-time performances as I am not interested in it.

• I agree, I usually only watch the halftime performers if I know the artist. I also agree with the Patriots Falcons Super Bowl being one of the best games in recent history. 

• I watch football when it is a team that my family likes, or when I know that it is going to be an interesting game. I don't have a favorite matchup, but I like when the Packers go against the Vikings. One of my favorite halftime performers was either Rihanna or The Weeknd

• I got into professional football through my brother who is a Buffalo Bills fan. I liked both teams who played in this most recent Super Bowl. It was fun to see the Chiefs get back-to-back championships, but it was sad to see Brock Purdy lose. My favorite Super Bowl halftime show is Rihanna or Katy Perry. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker