The history of malls.

The history of malls 

The malls were made after WWII. malls used to be for everyone to go to, they had sports bars for the dads they had shopping for the moms and had candy stores arcades and some stores for kids also.they had these malls because they wanted everyone to get together. Malls used to be a hang out spot for kids and adults. 

When did malls really come in popular? They came very common 1980-2000 when most of your parents were teens. After covid the malls have really been a downfall no one wants to go out and most people like to shop online.

What is the oldest mall?  The oldest mall in the world is Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II in Milan it has sotres in it such as Versace, Gucci, Armani, Borsalino and Luisa Spagnoli.

This mall is not in the United States, the mall is in Milano MI, Italy. But the oldest mall in the United States that is still around is Country club plaza  that is Kansas City,MO.

Mall of america is a very big mall and it was made in 1989. There are 520 stores and 60 restaurants. The Mall of America is still the biggest mall today. They get 40 million visitors a year. It is only 4 stories long  but is 5.6 million square ft. It would take around 86 hours to walk around the perimeter.

What's your favorite mall?

Online shopping or mall?

Have you ever been to the Mall of America?

What is your favorite store?

link  link  link lin. link link  link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I perfer going to the store then online becuase in the store you can get better discounts. But I also think online shopping is so much easeir becuase you can look online and see how much more is avablivable then in the store.

• My favorite mall is westroads mall. I like online shopping more than in-person, but I understand why some people like in-person shopping better. My favorite store is probably Lululemon. Lululemon has stores in Omaha and also an online website that I like to shop on.

• I shop online and in person. But going to the mall is more fun because you can buy things that are on sale that aren't online.

• I sometimes shop at malls and sometimes online. When I go to malls, I can see if something fits exactly how I want it but I hate spending a lot of time shopping so I like to be quick. If I buy something online, it's usually something that I know will fit. My favorite store is Nike.

• My favorite mall is the Jordan Creek mall, it's well-kept and very popular. The mall has so many popular stores and I feel like I could get anything I want in that place. I love online shopping, but when I'm not sure what size would fit me for clothes or shoes I prefer to go out and shop at a mall. I've never been to the Mall of America, but I would like to go someday. 

• My favorite mall is Jordan Creek in Des Moines because they have a big selection of "on-brand stores. I like to shop at malls like when I need to get a lot of clothing, like back-to-school shopping but If I only need a couple of things I think it's easier just to do it online. 

• I love going to jordan creek mall. I feel like it is the best mall in Iowa. It is still full of many stores. I hate how there are so many malls in America that are dying. I feel like online shopping is killing malls. I would rather go to the mall.

• My favorite mall is Mall of America because it is so big and there is a lot to do there. I prefer shopping in a mall rather than online because I can see what I am buying really is and the condition it is in. I have been to Mall of America twice, and it was a lot of fun. My favorite store to shop at is probably Scheels because there is a wide variety of things to buy. 

• I have never been to mall of amarica but I would love to go!! Going to the mall is always good to see many options.

• I have been to the Mall of America and I really liked it with all the stores and different variety. But, I had no clue that there was 520 stories. Also, I like just going to the one store because then you don't have to see another store that you might want to go into. And eventually spend a lot of money that you wouldn't of if you just went to the simgular store.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker