The death penalty

The death penalty has been disputed over a very long peroid of time. Is still disputed to this day whether this should be legal or illegal but for now it depends on which state you live in. Whether they are ok with it or not. The death penalty breaks the 8th amendment no cruel or unsusal punishments. I think the death penalty should not be a thing because it breaks the 8th amendment and also it is just wrong it goes against our countrys natur. By doing that to people who do deserve it but realized the action they did they should have to deal with that action that caused them it. Not go through a death penalty that last only a few seconds. They should have to deal with their consequences not be rid of them in seconds.7986985659?profile=RESIZE_400x

Do you think the death penalty is wrong?

What is the difference between life long prison sentence and the death penatly

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and your summary is fine but just brief. You should have replied back more frequently as well. Your post is 3 days late -30(10 points per day).

• My feelings about the death penalty differ depending on the situation. If a criminal commits a crime, I think the best punishment would be to keep them imprisoned for several years and make them suffer mentally and physically. However, I also feel that some people, like assassin's, should be directly sentenced to death in order to protect others from being harmed by the criminal.

• I think that a long life in prison would be way worse than the death penalty because it would be terrible on your mental health. But I still think that they should have the death penalty for the people that just need to be taken from this Earth and given to whatevers next. If you kill 20 odd people your to dangerous to even be alive and should just get killed.

• I think the death penalty is wrong. Not only is it a cruel and unusual punishment, but it also makes it so that the prisoner doesn't have to live with the guilt of the crime they committed. An example of this would be someone who brutally murdered a group of people. If I was that person, I would want the death penalty because I wouldn't have to live with the guilt. So, I think it is more of a punishment to make someone live with their guilt rather than let them take the easy way out by being killed. 

• I agree with you that there shouln't be a death penalty. I think they should have to be locked up for life and deal with there consequence of what they did. The death penalty really has no point if you ask me. All its doing is getting rid of someone that should be dealing with the consequence they made. 

• In some sercomestances I think it is wrong because every human makes bad decisions, some humans are forced to do what they did by other people.  When someone has to wake up in a cell knowing that that was their last time waking up would be terrifying.  

• I don't think it is wrong. If someone killed a family member of mine I wouldn't want them to be living. I believe that is unfair that they get to live. Family means a lot to me, and if someone just took that away I would be very upset. So I disagree that it people can't be killed. People are cruel and mean. If they do someone do something so disturbing that someone dies or is badly injured, they should be killed. However, I agree it does depend on the situation. 

• I think that the death penalty is wrong but I think they should deserve time in prison for what they did but unless its seruios I dont think the should get put in the death penalty.If I was in the death penalty I would not be able to live I could not live with myself.I would not like that because if I did something wrong that I shoulnt have done I would regreat everything that I did.

• No some people do things in this world that are very wrong and very unexceptable so they should be punished. Life long prison sentances is kinda like a death penalty but you wont die in a year by that state you will live until you die from old age and with the death penalty you don't stay at the prison for a long time.

• I don't think the death penalty is wrong. The people on death row don't deserve to live any longer. Its better to just get give them the death penalty rather than making taxpayers pay money just to keep these harsh people in prison for the rest of their lives, which is pointless. Prison is meant to teach people not to break the law and it doesn't show that when the person is stuck in a cell for another 50 years. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker