Student Feedback Requested--Extra Credit

Hi students. 

Much of what I do as a teacher is based on student feedback over the years. It has been several years since I last asked for feedback so now is the time once again to do so. Please answer the following questions to get five points extra credit. Please be honest with your answers as I won't hold anything against you as I need both postivie and constuctive feedback to make myself better as a teacher.

Also, please go to Rate My Teacher and rate me there as well. It does require you to sign up which is free and easy with Google sign in.

If you would prefer to stay anonymous, copy and paste the questions below into an email or Google Doc and share them with me.

1. How would you say I do in regards to allowing student choice and opportunites for students to find success in my classroom?

2. One of the biggest goals of mine as a teacher is fairness. Do you feel I am a fair teacher?

3. Another goal of mine is trying to have a postive classroom environment. Do you feel that my classroom is a postive environment? Explain.

4. Do you feel like you learn in my classroom? What could I do differently to help you learn better?

5. Would you say I lecture too much? Would you like to see more project based learning? 

6. Please give me feedback on the forum posts and forum post leader grades. Do you like them? Do you dislike them? Why? If you usually don't do them, why don't you do them?

7. Do you feel that the citizenship grade I started this semester is something that I should continue in the future? Please explain why or why not.

8. What is your favorite thing about this class and least favorite thing about this class.

9. Do you like how I rotate the type of tests I give? Explain.

10. Please add anything else you would like to that would help make me a better teacher and my classroom a better environment.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• 1. I feel like you're really good with making things simple and easy for us to do, but in the end, people just forget about things like forum posts and replies because they're so simple you wouldn't think you'd forget them but you do.

2. Never seen an issue with fairness.

3. Environment=extremely positive indeed. No issues with that either you're extremely lenient.

4. I feel like you could key us in a bit more on conversations. A lot of people hate getting called on, but realistically if you called on us to answer some questions or something in the lectures then we would have more motivation to pay attention so we don't look dumb not having a clue what you're talking about. That or maybe if there are people that choose not to do their forum posts that are like a majority of their grade; request them for win time and talk to them about what you can do to help if you really want to prevent them from failing the class. Also, test wise I feel like some sort of study guide that we could do would be majorly beneficial. Like having a study guide we have to finish before a test. Because I always struggle to study for tests and I end up in the C range because I studied, but the content I studied wasn't really related to the test.

5. I love when we do projects because I can do a lot of my own research and I have a good idea about my content and I can memorize it for future tests. I enjoy having a lot of discussions, but in the nicest way possible you talk extremely fast and it's hard for me to understand and take good notes. 

6. Saying this as someone that struggles I always say I am going to do them, but I always leave Friday thinking yes I will get these done tonight. When in all actuality I never actually have the time to do them and then I come back on Monday and regret it and try and do it in class. So I always end up having them done like every other week. Maybe if we had like a day where we used half the class to finish forum posts and then you confirm we have them done. People might be more consistent about it.

7. Yes please continue the citizenship grade. I've never had a bad grade on it but I assume the kids that play games and make unnecessary comments will probably stop if they see the bad grade they got for it. I feel like it's another source of motivation to participate in class.

8. My favorite thing about the class is when we debate about certain topics and my least favorite is probably the group tests where we discuss because I always get paired with people who don't study.

9. I would actually prefer the tests be more consistent so we have an idea what we should expect.

• Thanks Hailey!

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker