Should you drink pre-workout?

A lot of people drink pre-workout before working out. Pre-workout usually has caffeine, beta-alanine, BCAAs, creatine, and carnitine. Most people like to take pre-workout to give them energy to lift heavier, and there are also ingredients in it that are said to increase muscle growth. Pre-workouts help with burning fat. It is better than energy drinks because it has vitimans and it doesn't have all of the sugars and calories that energy drinks have. 

On the other hand, pre-workout has a lot of caffeine which may cause jitters, it makes your body retain water, can cause you to have a heart attack, and some of the ingredients can cause digestive issues and headaches. It can also cause dehydration and increase your blood pressure, anxiety, and can make it so you can't sleep at night.  

In my opinion I don't think you should take pre-workout with caffeine in it. I don't think having energy is worth all of the problems taking it can cause. 

Do you take pre-workout? 

If you do what kind do you take and why?

Do you think pre-workout is safe or dangerous?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't go to the gym regularly but I thnk that pre work out could benefit people for there work out. As far as I am aware people that go to the gym usually have some kind of pre wok out drink.

• I can also see how pre-workout could benefit people for their work out the only thing I see wrong with it is the amount of caffeine in it. 

• i dont think that pre-workout is a good thing to intake in your body. It can cause health issues and may be addictive like other things. many people use it because of its an energy booster i've asked a lot of people.

• I agree that pre-workout isn't very good for your body, can cause a lot of health issues, and may be addictive. 

• I dont and havent ever taken pre-workout. I dont know if I know enough about it to have an opinion, but if I had the choice to take it or not I most likley wouldnt because of the amount of caffeine in it I dont think it is worth the side effects it can cause either.

• I agree that there is too much caffeine in it and it isn't worth the side effects it can cause. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker