There are lots of debates on if we should listen to Christmas music before or after Thanksgiving. People like to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, because it really gets them ready for the holiday season. Others think Thanksgiving is its own holiday and needs more credit. Thats why some wait to listen to Christmas music after Thanksgiving. Either way, its your own opion, but I will tell you what the research says. Although neither answer is wrong. 

Why should we listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving? We should start listening to Christmas music early because it lightens the mood, and can bring positive thoughts during the cold weather. Lots of people have great Christmas memories, which listening to music can bring back the joy of those memories. Christmas music makes most people very happy, its very peacful and an enjoyful genre of music. Stores may also start playing Christmas music earlier than you'd like because it brings the mood to shop. 

Why should we wait until after Thanksgivng to listen to Christmas music? Some say that every year Christmas seems to start earlier every year. While they love to enjoy the other holidays before than. It seems hard to as people start to celebrate Christmas too early. Each holiday should have its transition into the next. They all have their own spotlight. While people are shopping and hearing Christmas music earlier than they please, it could annoy then and make them want to leave the store. 

I personally think Christmas music should be played until after Thanksgiving. ALthough I enjoy Christmas music, it can get annoying after too long. Some people who can stand that and enjoy the Christmas spirt ealrier than others can start listeining to Christmas music ealier. I dont think its very neciessary. But if others enjoy it, than you do you. 

When do you start listeing to Christmas music? 

Do you think you should start listening to Christmas music before or after Thanksgiving? 

Whats your favorite Christmas song?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Your summary is well done but this was posted quite late.  You also only replied to one comment.

• I dont usually listen to Christmas music but I dont think people should listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. I don't like when radio stations or people play Christmas music before thanks giving but that is just my opinion.

• Personally I do not think it really matters when people start listening to christmas music. I usually do not listen to a lot of christmas music but I do not care if it is before or after thanksgiving.

• Personally I think Christmas music should wait until after Thanksgiving because then it is more fun when the temps get colder and you can finally put Christmas decor up. I also think that the music can get pretty annoying for some people if they listen to it to early.

• I don't really have any prefrences on music, but if I had to choose I would probably feel better about listening to christmas music after Thanksgiving as it is a seperate holiday and we would need to listen to christmas music for a long time.

• I think Christmas music should be listened to before Christmas but after thanksgiving in order to get into the spirit without overshadowing other holidays. I personally don't listen to Christmas music but occasionally indulge in a carol or two.

• I don't think it really matters when we listen to xmas music. People even listen to it in july. I don't listen to xmas music because I think it is annoying. My favorite song is "christmases when you were mine" the one that Taylor Swift sang. Its not too annoying.

• I start listening to Christmas music when I hear it in my car. I personally like to listen after thanksgiving because it just feels right. My favorite Christmas song would probably be wonderful Christmas time.

• I don't really listen to christmas music. the only time I do listen to it is when it is playing at a store or like ads. I just don't care about chistmas music.  I think that people can listen to it whenever they want. I don't have a favorite song because I don't really listen to listen to it.

• I think people should wait untill after thanksgiving to start listening to christmas music and I dont usually listen to christmas music anyways

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker