I personally think that trans people should be able to compete in athletic events because if you think that you are good enough to compete in a sport of the opposite gender or you think you can play at their skill level then why stop them like more power to you my friend. But there has been some conflict from the competitive side of female sports. Like some people say that allowing trans athletes to compete in the women's division is inherently unfair.

In 2017 to 2018 there was a trans man that dominated a wrestling season with 89 wins and 0 losses. Now that I think about it does seem a little bit unfair but in my defence if trans people want to compete in athletic events then there hormone levels have to be the same as the ones in the gender category. In order for it to be fair to the other competitors. Here's the thing though in some states they allow it without question but in other states you have to compete in what gender your birth certificate says or what you identify as. Some legislators use examples of trans athletes only transitioning to gain personal triumph and that's not the case at all. It's very rare that you see that and most of the time the trans athletes wins fair and square just like the rest of the other athletes.

So in conclusion I think that trans athletes should 100% be able to compete with other athletes in their sport. I also think that whatever you want to do is your choice in the end, like you decide if you want to compete in a sport with the opposite gender or not. Also I think that it should be allowed in every state and it should be a free rule for trans people to compete in whatever sport they want to compete in. but some questions I have is should the ruling be the same?

Should trans people be able to compete in athletic sports, yes or no?

Should ruleling be the same across the board like should trans people be judged differently in athletic events, why or why not?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice as it was focused on sports not people. Your summary is well done and you did a good job replying even though all of your comments were done on one day isstead of three. Also, be sure to cite sources to back up your opinions and work on your title.

• I think that trans people should not be able to compete in any sort of sport because they are no longer the same and would have advantages over other players. I think that it would be no different than someone taking steroids to make it easyer for them to compete.

• I think trans people deserve to be able to compete in the sport under the gender they identify most comfortably in. I also believe trans athletes should be required to take hormones for a certain amount of time before being allowed to compete alongside the gender they are transitioning to. At the same time, some people are simply better at certain sports or at least work hard to better themselves, whether or not they're trans. Trans people should be judged the same way as any other cis-person. 

• yes I agree with you trans people deserve the right to comepete in sports but like you said under teh gender they identify mos comfortably in. and Yes they should be required totake hormones in order to make it fair for the other competeiters.

• No they should not able to compete in the opposite genders sport. Because what if someone were to be lying about it just so they can for sure win. Also it is not smart to do because girls and boys are different so I dont see how it is far to combine them in a sport, even if that person thinks of themselves as the opposite gender. 

• I don't think trans people should be able to compete in other gender sports because even if you try to get surgery to be a different gender you were still born a boy or a girl. That would not make it fair especially if a guy went into a girl's sport because they are much stronger and it would not be fair for the other people in the game. I think that whichever gender you are born with is the gender of sports that you should be in and that it should stay that way.

• I think trans athletes have every right to compete in sports under the gender they identify as. All cis-gender people have both testosterone and estrogen in them so to say a trans athlete cannot compete because their hormone levels don't match their cis-gender competitors is extremely rude and unfair. I think ruling should be the same for every athlete, being trans is not an advantage nor a disadvantage. Every one is built different and excel in different sports and have different strengths and weaknessess. The trans man who dominated the wrestling season with 89 wins didn't have an advantage, he is simply just a hard worker and maybe even a naturally good wrestler. 

• Yes I agree with you that they have the right to compete in sports they want to compete in. and I also agree with you that they should be ruled the same as other competeiters and also like you said everyone is built different and each persone exels in different sports.

• You should really listen to Caitlyn Jenners thoughts on the matter. She is a trans women who used to be a male olympic athlete who understands that it is not fair. I believe tras women competing in female sports is just another way women are brought down for just being women. no matter how many hormones you take you still were born with the SEX of male and therefore have an advantage.

• yes I agree with you that people should really look into caitlyn Jenners thoughts on the topic because she litterely is trans women with a gold medal. and yes even if you were born with male hormones then yes it would be a slite dissavanged so yes I agree with you there. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker