Should There Be More Gun Control?

Should buying a gun be harder than it already is? Today there are a couple of steps to purchasing a pre-built manufactured weapon. Either you have to have a permit to carry or a permit to acquire. Though you do not need the permits. You will have to complete a NICS(National Instant Criminal Background Check System) form each time you purchase a firearm.

To get either permit you will have to go to your county sheriff's office to fill out a form. If you choose not to get the permits you can take the NICS form before the purchase. The NICS is a background check created by the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993. That is before you are able to purchase a firearm. During the process of getting a firearm though you have to fill out Form 4473. This form was created by the ATF (The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) on January 16, 2017. It is a six-page form that you need to sign every time you buy a weapon from an FFL (Federal Firearms Licensed dealer). After purchasing a firearm, the individual needs to be 18+ to purchase any ammo for the weapon.

In my opinion, I think that there should not be more gun control. I think this because it is starting to become unconstitutional. People should be able to own and bear firearms. Adding more laws to limit the number of people to own weapons. I think owning the permits and having background checks is a little much but is needed to lessen the number of deaths and accidents. 

Do you think that there should be more gun control? Why?

Would you own a gun in the future?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control 

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/atf-form-4473-firearms-transaction-record-revisions 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree that there doesn't need to be any more gun control because they are already so many restrictions to getting a gun today. I also agree that there shouldn't be less gun control so that way guns don't lie in the wrong hands.

• I don't think that there should be more gun control. Many people that own guns use them for self defense or hunting. I think that when I am older I will own a gun. I wouldn't use it in the wrong ways, I would just use it to protect myself. 

• I agree that there doesn't need to be more gun control. Most people do use guns for self-defense and hunting so really there is no reason for more control. I would also own a gun in the future with the intentions of protecting myself.

• I think thier should be more gun control. It is very dangerous now a days and letting people get guns so easliy makes it even more dangerous. I know that some people sell guns illeagally, and that needs to be stopped. I think i would maybe own a gun in the future depending on where i live.

• I do not think that there should be any more gun control than there is now. I think this because most people that have guns don't use them for the wrong reason. I think when I am old enough to own a gun, I will. I won't use it for the wrong reason, I will just use it to keep myself and others safe.

• yes i think there should be more gun control because some pople just want to have a gun in their home just in case something happens, but its just a want and not a nees. Plus if the person buying a gun has a kid in their house it can be very very dangerous and a tragety can happen. In my oppinio i dont think i would own a gun.

• I don't think that there should be any more gun control because of the difficulty you have to go through to get one in the first place. I would own a gun because it would be good protection if anyone tried to sneak into my house, and if I don't own a gun what am I going to protect myself with?

• I don't think there should be anymore gun control. You would think all that there is now would be enough but there are still those incidents like school shootings and what not. They keep adding restrictions and its not doing very much. They should think of a different perspective like making schools harder for shooters to get in.

• I agree that there should not be any more gun control at the moment. I agree that all the restrictions we have today should be enough to stop mass shootings. Sadly it isn't and people still die. I agree that if guns were that dangerous to buildings should have better defense.

• I do not think that we need to control guns more. We need to control who can get guns.  I am a gun owner.  I feel safe around people that I know that have guns.  I also believe that if the government starts trying to control guns more then people will think that it is unconstitutional. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker