When you’re a kid, your parents pay everything for you, so why shouldn’t you give them a break when you’re in high school? Over 30% of high school students work for at least part of their high school carrer. Most teens in high school are looking for a way to make money, especially when they turn 14, so they can buy a car. However, some teens can see how quickly their hard-earned money evaporates. Teens often have a passion to spend money on unnecessary things, such as video games, snacks and so on. However, they quickly realize that they’re spending more money than they make. Some teens may think it’s not a good idea to work because it takes up too much of their time, especially when they’re supposed to be studying for that important science test that’s coming up. While it’s hard to measure the relationship between working and grades, researchers have found that students who work up to 20 hours a week tend to have lower academic performance. Jobs also have an impact on teens’ social life and school life, which can be good or bad.

Some of them will live to see that it's not so good for teenagers, because it takes a lot of time, while they're supposed to be studying for the big science test that's coming up. This may be detrimental to the achievement of a degree. While it is not easy to measure the link between hours worked and grades, researchers have discovered that students working more than twenty hours a week are experiencing an impairment of their academic performance. A student can have little time to rest if he works and then goes back home for his studies.  Although a job as a teenager can be hard, it also has its good effects, such as teenagers teaching time management.

So you can see how having a job can affect a teen. Well It wouldn't really be a shocker if i told you that 72% percent of teens quit their first job within a year.  A number of studies show that job work has a positive effect on the development of young people. Too much work is not good, and too little work doesn’t show positive results. The best way for young people who do their job is moderate and steady work.  Personally, working as a teenager is kind of good because I get to meet all sorts of new people every time I work there and also see other people that I've met before. Also I like how i get to get tips, like it's always nice to have pocket money, right?

https://ehsscratchingpost.com/1347/feature/what-effects-do-jobs-have-on-teenagers-mental-health/

http://https://evolvetreatment.com/blog/pros-cons-teenage-jobs/

Do you have a job if so where?

Do you think working as a teen is important?

Is carrying money on you a good thing or a bad thing?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and summary Jasond! You started commenting very well and then stopped. Keep going!

• I personally have a job during the summer, but I do not have one during the school year. I have a summer job of pouring concrete. I think working as a teen is important, and builds strong work ethic at a young age. I think carrying money on you is a good thing, but not carrying to much. 

• I personally think that if teens had jobs it would help them better off in the future. What i mean is it could get them used to the work environment and help them understand how things are handled in life.

• I think working as a teens gives you a great opportunity to earn some money and also learn how to work before you move into college.  I also think that working for teens can also help them pick out what they want to do with their future 

• I think working as a teen is good becuase it would help you learn things for the real adult life and also teach you other life skills you would need. And you can also make money and save up for a house and a car for your future life. 

• I do have a job, it is at the Grounds in Harlan. I think that working as a teen in an important life skill. It teaches you good time management when it comes to working your work schedule along with lots of other school and social activities. It also teaches you a good work ethic at a young age that will hopefully continue into your adult life.

• I think that having a job is important because it can help when you graduate. If you have a job you know how a full-time one will be in the future and can help with keeping track of money. 

• I think it's very important for teens to have jobs because they need to learn what work ethic is and what it can get you in life. They are also going to need money to try to pay off as much as they can for college or loans.

• I think that having a job during school is inportant because you earn money and learn how to manage your money as well as learn responcibility.

• I think that working as a teen is important, especially if an individual does not play sports or does not have many hobbies. A job is a great way to occupy your time, and you can also earn money. Having a job also teaches you many important things that will help throughout life.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker