Why schools should do a four-day week instead of a five-day week?

My first reason is that it would give people more time to sleep and do homework. If people don’t come to school on whatever day, then the schools don’t have to heat or cool the school on that day. It can give teachers extra time to figure out what they are doing for the week and come more prepared, also having all their students' grades in. It can give students more time to hang out with friends and family. Students can then work more at a job and make money so they can afford more school events and other things.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes I think that schools should have four day weeks instead of five becuase I think students get overwellmed for being at school all week and never get a day off.

• I think if we had a 4 day week it would be nice but then again our school day length could possibly go up. I do not want to possibly have longer days or even have a longer school year. So although it would be nice I am not sure how I would like it.

• I think that I would enjoy having a 4-day school week, however, I would not want it if it would make us have to go farther into May at the end of the school year or have a long school year. But I would enjoy having a 3-day weekend and having more free time to spend with my family and friends.

• I don't think we need 4 day weeks. I would rather have 4 day weeks with like an early out every week or every other week. This would help give students more than just the weekend to hvae a break and get caught up on their work. This would give students a break during the week which can be very helpful.

• I think that it would be great to have a 4-day week, but we don't need it. I think this because if we had a 4 day week then we wouldn't get out of school as early. Therefore, I think most people would agree they would want a 5 day week.

• I think that it would be nice to have a 4-day week, but it isn't nessasary. I think that with a 4-day week, there will be more time for extracurriculars and sports. This way students don't have to be stressed over school work when they need to be participating in their clubs and sports. 

• I think that a four-day week would be great. I also believe that it's not necessary for us to have a four-day week. If we had shorter weeks we would god through summer to get all the education needed per year.

• I think that we should keep having 5 days of school each week. I know some schools have it so they don't have school on Wednesday but then they have to extend their school year later into the summer. We could probably do an early out instead of getting rid of a whole day.

• I think that we should keep the school week at five days. Just because thats what we are used to now and changing it could ruin some people's schedules. Also we are required to have a certain about of hours so we either was going to have longer days or a longer school year.

• I think that we should keep the school week at five days. If there are less days in a school week, then we would either have to go later into the summer/start earlier, or have longer school days. I agree that it would be nice to have more days off, but in the end we would still be there just as long.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker