Should Parents track their kids?

Should  parents track their kids' location and know where they are all the time? We all know about how technology is advancing. There's multiple apps that parents can always see where their kids are and their driving history and their phone usage. Those apps include Life360, FamiSafe, Gokid, FindMy and multiple more. There are pros and cons to these apps. 

The pros of these apps are the safety features that they have. Knowing where your kids are all the time and being able to make sure they're safe is so nice, especially in the world we are living in today. Some of these apps detect when you get into a crash and notify the people who have your location and the police. Another pro is that it holds accountability when kids know they are being tracked they do way less things that they shouldn't do. Lastly it gives parents peace not always worrying if your kid made it home. 

However there are cons to having parents track your location. It can hurt the trust between the kid and parent, trust is always something that needs to be earned but not trusting your kid can really strain your location with your kid.  Also these apps are not 100 percent accurate and can get kids in trouble for a glitch on the app. Growing up kids want to have their own independence and if parents are always tracking their kids then kids want to just do what they want because their parents already don't trust them. 

I think there's pros and cons of tracking. But overall I think its parents not trusting their kids when they should and it will strain the kids relationship with their parents.However, it could also be good just for the safety aspect of these apps. 

Do you think parents should track their kids?

Do you have a tracking app on your phone?

If so, What app?

https://www.brightcanary.io/to-track-or-not-to-track-weighing-the-pros-and-cons-of-using-location-tracking-on-your-child/ 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree. Parents should 100% trust their kids and what they say. Although, it may depend on what the tracking is used for. For example, it can be used for checking if a kid is on there way home or maybe if they are safe. Overall though, tracking apps should be used for only reasons needed, not if a parent doesn't trust their child and feel like they should stalk them.

• i think they should be ably to track there kids. it keeps parents from having to worry about where there kids are.. I dont aat the moment but i will probably when i get another phone. i use live 360

• facts parents already have so much to worry about so why add the stress of having to worry about where we are.

• I thinks its a very common thing that parents track where their kids are, personally when I have kids i would liike to know where their at so i know their safe. and i don"t have a tracking app but if did I wouldn't care.

• Yes to a certain extent like they should be able to know where there at if something happens but they shouldn't be able to control and tell them where and where they can't go. the best app i feel is life 360 because it can tell you where there at how fast there moving and if they get ina crash.

• For real if there stalking me then I don't want to  have the app but I get its a saftey feature

• They should be able to track they but should only look for them when needed. If the parents keep checking and asking where you are, the kid might think it's an invasion of privacy. I don't have a tracking app. 

• I agree parents need to have boundries when it comes to these apps

• I don't think they should track their kids because it is just wrong. I don't have a tracking appp on my phone, but some of my friends do. I think parents should trust their kids unless they are never trustworthy.

• I agree with parents should if their kids aren't trustworthy but then again tracking can be a good saftey feature 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker