In 2016, Colin Kaepernick started kneeling before NFL games, protesting police brutality against black people. He was then removed the 49rs's and hasn't played a game since. There were other reasons involved in the protest but that was the main reason. Most of the fans and NFL players brushed off the protest and thought nothing of it, but when the recent deaths of unarmed black people have now fired up the protests again and everybody now saw what Kaepernick was protesting about in 2016.

7976060269?profile=RESIZE_710x

However, I believe these protests are necesasry, but they are taking down the wrong path. Disrespecting the flag is just making people who don't agree with you already even more mad. I think that they should protest at a separate time, not during the national anthem. This shows great disrespect to those who fought for our country. There are teams who are doing this but not many.

1. Do you think people should still stand during the national anthem?

2. Should Kolin Kaepernick be allowed to be back in the leauge?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great story choice and good job replying! Your summary is a bit brief overall but what's there is good.

• I firmly believe that all NFL players should be required to stand during the playing of our National Anthem. I understand if players want to protest against certain issues that they feel strongly about. However, I do not think that an NFL football game is the place to do so. I think that Kolin should not be allowed back in the league. Many fans looked up to him, and the fact that he disrespected America and it's soldiers should not be promoted.

• Yes they should still stand and take there hat off and helmets.  There are many people in this country that have fought for their freedom.  No he should not be allowed back in. I believe if someone has died for your country and that would just be like kneeling to them at their funeral when you are supposed to stand and recognise them.

• No matter what you should alaways stand for the national anthem because there are dead men and woman who fought for our country and the flag shows you that and it shows great disrespect if you don't stand. Kaepernick shouldn't be aloud back in because he disrespected the flag and he can't undo that no matter what and it makes lots of people angry.

• I believe people should stand during the National Anthem because the flag doesn't specifically represent police brutatily. The flag represents the whole history of the United States of American. Yes, we do have some horrible times in history, but nothing and no one is perfect. People who kneel during the National Anthem could kneel during any other time. Also, by kneeling it doesn't directly help any cause. It brings it up, but they don't directly do anything about it. I feel like Kaepernick shouldn't yet. Maybe in a few years just so he understands that it's not ok. I just hope he understands that he is only bringing up the argument and not really doing something about the cause. 

• I agree with you. I think Colin Kapernick isn't good enough to start for any team, maybe the Vikings should take him but otherwise he doesn't deserve a start. The players in the NFL should definitely find out a different way to protest instead of kneeling during the nationall anthem. The way the Cheifs and Texans did it was a perfect example.

• I think people should definetely stand during the national anthem because we are showing respect for the people who fought for our country. Also, I think Kolin Kaepernick should be allowed back into the league because people now see that he was right.

• I agree but also disagree with you. We both agree when it comes to standing during the anthem, but I don't think Colin Kaepernick should be in the league because I think he would bring up way to much controversy in the NFL.

• I think that i agree with you that this is disrespectful and should not be happening because of the men and women that fought for our country. I think you should stand during the national anthem and not kneel. I think if you were to kneel you should be ashamed of your self for doing that to the people who died. I don't think he should be let back in because he is disrespecting the people who have and are serving our country right now.

• I think people should stand during the national anthemn. Police brutality has NOTHING to do with the American flag or the vetrans that have fought for our freedom, so I think it is extremely inappropriate to kneel. There are better ways to peacefully protest. Kolin Kaepernick should not be allowed back into the legue. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker