For many students, a gap year offers the opportunity  to gain skills and experiences while also providing time to reflect and focus on what they want to do next.The gap year can be a great time to not only find yourself and try something new, but also prepare for college.Students use the time to volunteer, work or take on an internship to figure out what they are passionate about and what they want to get out of their future careers,although some other student also think that taking a gap year not only means you start college a year late, but also that you finish college a year late, and that is true. Also people said that students who decide to take a gap year could also lose academic momentum which is really important. If students decide to take a gap year before going to college the best advice for them would be to make a plan of action and figure out what you want to learn and experience, decide what you want to do and set a goal and stick with it.

Do you think taking a gap before going to college is a good idea?

would you take a gap after highschool?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Manlluli,

Much of yout summary has been plagiarized unfortunately.

• I think that a gap year is a way to rest and have time to space out from studies which can be very beneficial for some people. However, it can end up with many people not wanting to continue with studies and not going to college. I personally wouldn't take a gap year. 

• i agree with you it would be very beneficial to just rest and have some time for yourself, but it also means that you would graduate from collage a year late.

• I think that (depending on what you want to do career-wise) it's a good idea to take a gap year. College is not cheap so taking a year off to save some money is a good idea. I still don't know if I want to go to college so I can't say for sure if I'll take a year off after high school.

• it would be a great idea to take a gap and save money for collage it would be beneficial for that reason

• I've heard that it's a bad Idea to do that if you want to set up your carrer. Because 9 times out of 10, people will realize after that year of working and not going to school, that they like it and it is way better than paying for an expensive education.  Especially if they are making pretty decent money. 

• yes i agree with that and at the end they will take the decition not not go to collage anymore 

• I personally do not think taking a gap year is a good idea. However, I think that if someone decides to take a gap year they should be working so that they can pay for college and they have a reminder of what they are working twards and don't forget about college and take more than one gap year.

• I would not take a gap year before going to college. I do not think that it is a good idea. I think that it is wasting a year of your life. Even if you do not know what you want to go to college you go still go to college and get a lot of your basic classes done. I do not plan on taking a gap year. 

• that its very true it can waste a year of your life and not always is beneficial 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker