Should Hats Be Allowed In School?

Should Students be allowed to wear hats in school?

There was a poll done by a school asking their students if they should be allowed to wear hats in school 79.5% said yes other 20.5% said no. You should be able to wear hats in school as long as it is not a distraction to class learning or if it is an inappropriate lagune or something on the hat that would be distracting to students learning.

I really do believe that you should be able to wear hats in school as long as it isn’t affecting your learning or other people's learning. Hats can be used to wear with an outfit you are wearing and students feel more comfortable wearing hats because then they don't have to get judged by other students for their hair or whatever it could be. If it is during the winter and it is cold in the school some people may be cold and would want to wear a hat, as long as you aren’t messing around with the hat and distracting other students with it you should be able to wear a hat. If it is distracting you or other students if the teachers ask you to take it off then take it off. Wearing hats wouldn't be a probably if people did mess around with them. Some people just like to wear hats because they do all the other times when they are not in school.

So personally I think you should be able to wear hats in school as long as it is not distracting your learning or other peoples learning then you should be able to if you are not and as long as it is school appropriate the hat is.

So do you think hats should be allowed in school?

Do you think hats shouldn't be allowed in school?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that it depends. I feel like people make a big deal about not wearing a hat for 8hrs. Personally its not that hard to go withut one. However i think that it would be ok if they where allowed and that it would be ok if it wasnt allowed.

• I think they should let hats in school. Like its a hat not cat ears. It should be fine its not distracting. People wear hats all the time out side of school. It shouldn't be any different in school. What if they are bald and want to keep their head warm.

• I think they should start allowing kids to wear hats inside school unless it starts to become a learning distraction. But, I dont see how a kid wearing a hat can be that distracting for people, outside of school people wear hats and it is normal, so I think kids can handle hats inside of school.

• Yes, I think they should. People wear cat ears and  headbands but we can't wear hats? I dont think there is any harm in wearing a hat.  I think its an outdated rule. 

• I personally think that hats should be allowed in school. I don't see what the problem is as long as you are wearing an appropriate hat. I my cousin goes to a school in texas that lets the students pay five dollars a week to wear them but the money goes towards school repairs and fundraisers. I wear hats because I like them and they keep my head warm while my hair is growing back.

• I do think they should be. I know a lot of students would enjoy wearing them during class, and they get annoyed that they can't wear them in school. I understand and everything but it seems like there is nothing wrong with it. I bet some schools do let them wear hats. 

• I agree student's would enjoy wearing hats.

• I think that I would wear a hat in school if it was allowed.  I don't think that it should be as big of a deal as it is today.  The reason that we can't wear hats in school is because it has been that way for years. This doesn't make sense to me because people wear hats indoors all the time.

• I think that hats should be allowed in school as long as they do not distract the learning environment of students. I believe that hats fit under our school's dress code. Of course, dress codes vary from school to school. However, under the HCHS dress code, hats should be allowed. Historically, taking your hat off inside has been out of respect, but as long as it isn't disrupting, I do not see a problem with it. 

• I 100% think that hats should be allowed in school because what do they do to learn in the classroom? exactly nothing so I find it kinda bull because it does nothing it doesn't effect learning and it really does nothing besides just having it on your head during school so no one can snatch it off without you noticing almost instantly.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker