Should Hats be Allowed in School?

Recently, the school added a new rule permitting hats in the classroom (if the teacher allows) and around the school. As Mrs. Ring stated in her email, these hats can be anything from stocking hats, to baseball caps, but they all must be school appropriate. They also cannot be a distraction to anyone, and cannot impact our learning environment in the classroom. If a teacher decides that a hat shouldn’t be able to be worn, it will be treated like a dress code violation. The first offense would be a warning, the second would be a lunch detention, and the third would be a detention. If it continues, some students could lose their rights to wear hats. 

In my opinion, I don’t think that people should be allowed to wear hats in school. The point of wearing baseball hats is to protect your eyes from the sun, so it doesn’t make sense to be wearing them inside. I think that these hats are going to start to be a big distraction, and I think that they could begin impacting our school more than they probably should. We will just have to see what happens with the hats at the end of the semester, and if they end up adding the rule to the handbook or not.

On the other hand, wearing hats makes some people feel more comfortable in the school setting. If someone has a bad hair day, a hat would be a good way to cover it up. 

Do you think hats should be allowed in school?

Will you wear hats in the classroom?

Do you feel better wearing hats?

https://www.spectrumchs.org/blank-g7gvq#:~:text=On%20the%20no%20side%2C%20some,hat%20is%20a%20sign%20of 

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1n5PEalgmMdiHOfODvQPj9S5gpisUXO7JeTA9bFFbYlE/edit#slide=id.p 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• As long as the hats that are being worn are following the dresscode, it isn't as big of a deal if the students wear them.

• I don't think hats should be allowed in school, to me it seems disrespectful to wear a hat in school. I just don't see a need to wear a hat around school. I wouldn't wear a hat in a classroom it just makes people look shady and suspicious. I don't wear hats so I don't know or understand if I would feel better wearing hats.

• I think hats should we allowed in school because they don't really distract people unless it is a certain hat. I won't wear hats because I don't really wear hats so I don't know if I would feel better or not.

• As long as the hats that the students are wearing don't distract the learning of others, it isn't a big deal if they are worn or not.

• I think hats should be allowed in schools, I see no point in prohibiting them, as they don't cause any harm. Some may say its a distraction, but it really isn't. The only distraction is when a teacher and student have an arguement about the student not wanting to take it off.

• That's true, the hats that students wear don't cause harm, and as long as it isn't a distraction, they shouldn't be prohibited.

• This reply was deleted.
    • I agree, if the teachers and students don't care if people are wearing hats, then it shouldn't really matter.

• hats should be able to be wore in school there really isnt a problem about it other then some of the teachers wanting to feel big and bad over the students.

• I think that hat should be allowed because it doesn't really affect the learning environment as a distraction. It only becomes a distractions if someone makes it one, like messing around with it or bothering other people. I don't think I will wear hats because there really isn't a point in wearing one inside, but if someone else wants to, then they should be able to. 

• I agree, if it becomse a big distraction, then some people just shouldn't be able to wear them in school. But the students that can handle it won't matter.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker