Milwaukee has announced that they are going to have a "Say No to Seattle!" playlist. This means that their local radio station is going to refuse to play songs that come from bands originating in Seattle. This includes bands such as Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Jimi Hendrix. Lake DJ J. Pat Miller says "Not this week. We're saying no to Seattle as the Packers get ready to go out to the Pacific Northwest and WIN!" There is no news yet on whether or not Seattle will retaliate by not playing music originating from Milwaukee. 

Do you think that Milwaukee should have went so far as to temporarily "banning" Seattle music?
How do you think Seattle reacted?

Click here for the link.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Much better job replying!

• I think that banning Seattle music is silly. Why would someone go out of your way just to get a reaction out of Seattle? It just seems a little disrespectful  and unnecessary to me. If I lived in Seattle I would simply laugh it off.

• This is kind of just dumb, Why would you go as far as banning a certain kind of music just to make a point? Not to mention that they lost horrendously... 

• I don't think it's that big of a deal if it's only for a week. It's just a thing they did to see if they could get a reaction out of Seattle. I don't think Seattle will react to this at all because that's what Milwaukee wants. 

• It might be a big deal to those people who enjoy listening to those bands. I still agree with your point that you made, though.

• I think that it only draws attention to the radio station and will go away probably next week. Not playing these artists from Seattle is immature and I don't think Seattle should react, because it is only a petty attempt to get a response or attention.

• I think it was a move to just get attention and it is not really worth it because it is only temporary. Just because they are listening to music coming from their rivals, doesn't mean anything. I think Seattle didn't think much of it and just ignored this.

• Well, I think they did it only to upset Seattle, when in the end Seattle didn't even care.

• Really all this is a reality stunt to get more advertisement towards the game. I mean honestly who really cares it' s music. Over all this really isn't gonna affect many people the way it is. I presentably think Seattle did a good thing bye given them some of there own medicine. 

• I think that's a stupid idea. Milwaukee went way too far with banning Seattle music. This is MERICA and last I checked it was a free country and we have a right to listen whatever kind of music we want to. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker