School lunch: Should it be improved

School Lunch: Should it be changed?

School lunch isn’t very good. This is because many schools don't get enough money to be able to change them and make them healthy and appetizing, instead settling for cheap foods so they can pump out school lunches to everyone. 

Many people, including myself, say that school lunches are very bad and they don’t serve enough food. With more and more videos going around online of expired milk, undercooked chicken, or literal slop on their trays for lunch, it's beginning to become a problem. Our school has better lunches than some, but they still aren’t great with portion sizes and quality of meals.

There are many things we could do to change this, but most take action. We could allocate more money towards lunches, but less would go to the rest of the school, especially when school lunches are edible and perfectly fine to eat. 

Source

What would you change about school lunches?

What is your least favorite school lunch?

Should lunches cost more if we improve them?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

•  Fine topic choice but your summary is brief and you need to reply more.

• If I had to change anything about school lunches I would try to improve them to the best of my abilities. Although I do not eat school lunch and instead bring a lunch to school everyday.  Since I don't eat school lunch I don't have a personal favorite or least favorite. Yes I think if lunches are improved then they should be more expensive. 

• yes I really do think lunch should be improved sometimes we do get good food, but most of the time the food is not good at all like sometimes the meat is raw or it looks like it is raw, so i do think the shool should improve their lunch.

•  I think that it would be great if school lunch was better, but I don't think that it is very realistic. The school gets plenty of money, they just have different things to spend it on, other than school lunches. 

• I would just pack my own lunch because I can make sure I pack enough food and I know that it'll be appetizing. My least favorite school lunch would have to be their burgers, I don't know if it's just mine but the're always undercooked and cold.

• I would personally make it so the shcool lunches better quality and add salt and pepper if the students needed. I would aslo add a varity to the school lunches so the same thing is served consecutivley for a long amount of time.

• What I would change about school lunches would be things like keeping the food warm, adding salt and pepper at the tables, adding seasonings to food, and making sure everything is cooked. Another thing I would change is adding better things to the sales bar.

• I think that school lunches could be made better or we could have better options for what we eat at lunch. I think that if the school were to improve the lunch they serve it should cost a little more. 

• I think some lunches that they make need to be replaced, or made bettter. My least schooles are the italian dunker, and the sloppy joe. I don;t think they should cost more.

• If I were to change something about school lunches it would be freedom. I konw that trusting kids during highschool lunch can be troublesum, but I think that making those kids clean up after lunch in case they made a mess would make lunch more fun, and less restricting. I do not have a problem with lunch right now, but things could always be improved. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker