On Wednesday at around 5:45 p.m. a family of four were driving when they notcied a "white Ford F150 4-door pickup truck following them closely." They were turning onto their street and the truck continued to follow them. As they tunred into the driveway, the truck stopped behind the family and fired several gunshots at them. The father and daughter were rushed to the hospital. The girl was pronounced dead at the hospital and the male sufferend non life-threatening injuries. The gunman is still on the loose and police are asking the public to help find him. Police are still trying to determine a motive, road rage o other wise. They believe it could have been road-rage considering it started on the roadway. 

ArticleStory

How would you react if this had happened in your neighborhood? 

I would be devastated if this happened in my neighborhood, because it is heart crushing to see someone innocent die due to someone with road rage. 

What could people do to prevent this in the future? 

To prevent this we could have more police in the streets and wathcing for men and women with road rage. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

•  Be sure to comment more frequently and also work on asking stronger questions.

• I would also be devestated because if something like this happened so close to me, I would be scared and probably a little paranoid. I don't really have that many ideas on how we could prevent something like this, but it might help if we have more police and security cameras. 

• I wouldn't know how to react if this happenend in my neighborhood, To prevent this in the future we could put more officers on the streets to watch for people like that and it would also help with other problem that are caused by bad people.

• I would be very sad if this happened in my neighborhood. Seeing someone die because of a reason like road rage is uncalled for. I think it could be prevented by having more cops around the town so that if any suspicius following stuff happens again.

• 1.) I would probably react in a way that I would try to see if I could stay somewhere until they find the person that raged hard enough to actually shoot and injure and KILL another person. 

2.) To prevent this we could have more ways of teaching how to deal with road rage properly. 

• I would be shocked because most people don't think stuff like this would happen in their community and it took the life of someone that had a lot of life ahead of them. To help prevent stuff like this from happening they could have more police patrolling residential areas.

• It would be a devasted time if this happend in my neighborhood becuase an innocent person who didn't deserve to die died. People just need to learn to control themselve while driving and more police need to be on the streets hopefully making people slow down and stuff.

• If this were to happen to my neighborhood I would really be woried for my family and friends and tell them to watch out for the people that had did it and if they see the person they are to call the cops and get home. If I was saying somthing that could prevent it is that their is no way that you can really prevent it and how people react to that stuff.

• If that happened in my neighborhood first I'll be very scared, and second I'll try my best to stay safe by protecting me and my family. It would be so terrifying to have someone following me around the street. I think the best solution is to have more officers so they could help prevent those kind of things, and make the neighborhood a safe place. 

• If this happened in my neighborhood I would definitely start to be more cautious. If I noticed someone following me, though, I would not have pullen into my own house. I would keep driving and call the police without getting out of my car. I think that having more police around could help, however, they wouldn't really be able to detect something like this. It could have just looked like two cars who knew each other and were going to the same place.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker