Pros and Cons of Having Sports Before or After School?

Would you rather have your sports before or after school? Having sports in the morning before school would most likely be really stressful. You'd have to get up extra early just to get ready to go to practice. If you had practice after school, it wouldn't be as bad and since you already had school, you could just go straight home and get all of your school work done. Some people think that sports after school would take up chores and homework time. Others would rather have practice after school so they're able to go to weights in the morning. Everybody thinks differently. 

Some positive things about having sports before school is so you are able to go straight home after school. Another positive thing is so you can get all of your homework and chores done right when you get home so you won't have to worry about doing them when you get home late. I feel like if practice was early in the morning, it would be able to wake me up for the rest of the day and not have to worry about being tired in school. Positive things about having sports after school is because you don't have to worry about getting up super early and needing to get everything ready for practice and school. Another positive thing about practice being after school is because if you had a long day at school and your really anxious, you could use sports as a way to help relieve yourself from all the drama and stress caused at school.

Negative things about having practice in the morning is because you may be woken up for the rest of the day but you most likely won't have the energy to do anything. You will experience fatigue during class time and it would be a struggle to stay awake because you have the need to go to bed. Another negative thing is it leaves little time for other extracurricular activities, friends, work, and rest. Negative things about having practice after school is because without enough free time, kids can get stressed and anxious. Some kids may not mind having so mant activities at a time, but others feel the exact opposite. They can do so many at once and never get stressed. Also, having practice either before or after school is always a good thing because you get to strengthen your muscles and bones, help manage your weight, and it gives you something to do besides go home and be lazy. 

In my opinion, I would rather have practice after school because I absolutely hate getting up super early. I usually get most of my homework done during school hours so I wouldn't have to worry about it after practice. I would like to go home right after school, but I think it's good for me to go to practice so I don't just go home and lay in bed for the rest of the day. 

Would you rather have practice before or after school?

What's your favorite sport?

Do you play any sports? if so, what ones? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well written summary Ava! Be sure to comment back a bit more and on three different days.

•  I would rather have practice after school because I personally do not like waking up early and wouldn't like waking up even earlier for practice. I would prefer to sleep longer and get more rest and have practice after school so I have more energy.

• I personally think that having practice after school is the best option because Im not a morning person at all. I also think that getting more rest at is a good way to have more energy at a practice and not having to worry about waking up even earlier.

• I like having practice after school. I go to lifting in the morning and I like the schedule of having lifting in the morning and sports after school. However, I think it would be nice to have practice in the morning every once and a while.

• I would rather practice a sport after school because I don't really mind it. Waking up in the morning is really hard and getting up earlier to practice would be worse. After school is fine because most practices are 2 hours, so you have time to go home do homework and other things.

• I think having practise before school would be nice then when you are done with your classes you can go home and have more time to spead with friends 

• I think it would be nice to have practice before school because I have a lot of activities after school and it would be nice to have time for homework because I don't have a study hall. I would also find it to be a great way to wake myself up in the morning.

• I think having morning practice is better because you can have the rest of the day off after school is done. Also people have homework to do after school so practice gets in the way of that.

• In my opinion I think I would prefer keeping after school sports a thing just with my schedule although sometimes I like doing morning practices if there is an event going on that night after school I really want to attend. My favorite sport would have to be dance.

• I agree, sometimes I have after school events going on and I wouldn't want to not attend those because of practice. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker