Many people have heard about the car dealership employees who humiliated a pizza delivery man over what he had mistaken for a $7 tip. Well, here's a story that will hopefully restore your faith in the good of humanity.

An Ohio real estate company named "Keller Williams Realty" hosted a conference in response to the backlash from the car dealership's shameful behavior, where everyone in the conference emptied their pockets for the tip. When the pizza was delivered, whoever had come to deliver it would be given all the money as a tip in cash, along with other gifts and a personal note from each guest at the conference telling them how they mattered. The tips totaled to $2084. At the end of the video, "Rob", the delivery man, can be heard saying, "I hope that pizza is really good!".

Read the Full Story Here.

What do you think was going through "Rob"'s mind when he was pulled aside to receive his "gift" at the conference?

Do you think this random act of kindness will receive as much media attention as the first delivery story did? Why or why not?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Excellent job with the exception that all your replied took place yesterday, January 29th. You should reply throughout the week.

• I think he was excited to receive the money but yet shocked it was that much. I think it should but it won't due to it not being as negative as the last.

• I think it should too. Although, then people who now know he's got all this money might come after the guy.

• That's crazy! I'm sure he is so shocked and happy. That would be amazing. 

• Honestly, I would be shocked and scared to take the money thinking that there could be something wrong with it ... I mean, do you really expect a $2000 tip as a pizza guy? I would be awed and extremely happy though! I think this probably won't receive as much attention as the bad story, because our media looks for the bad/embarrassing/sad stories.

• I would be a bit nervous to take the money too, like if I take it I might wake up from a dream or something! I feel the same way about the media though. I wish people took more time to focus on the good things.

• He is one lucky man for sure. If I were Rob i would have been to stunned to receive these gifts just for delivering a pizza. I think that random act of of  kindness will receive just as much attention as the other. This was many people coming together just to give to this one man. I think that if our world did more random acts of kindness it could really change how our world is.

• I agree. People need to be more compassionate towards others without expecting anything else in return. (except for a pizza or two)

• I think Rob was thinking it was just a prank, considering that is a ridiculous amount of money to tip a pizza delivery man. I think this act of kindness will probably  receive a crazy amount of attention. I wouldn't be able to except that kind of money, because it should be put toward something more important in my opinion.

• I don't think there's anything more important than letting people know they matter, but I understand your point. It was a VERY ridiculous amount of money, which makes it even more of a big deal, I think! I don't think I could accept that kind of money though either. One thing's for sure, the pizza would definitely be on me!

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker